Chapter 15 ~ Played

I sat down on the couch and turned on the T.V. I sat there for a while, not thinking about anything other than my show that was playing on Netflix. My mom came downstairs and didn't say a word other than glance up at the T.V. I felt awkward, just sitting at the couch, not saying anything. I haven't sat on the couch in a while, I always go up to my room and either watch T.V there, or go on my phone. I continued to sit on the sofa and watch my show until it came to me: I was invited to hang out with the girl in my math class...and her friends. Noelle was supposably going to be there too. She was really the only reason I wanted to go.

"H-hey mom...?" I asked, avoiding turning around but figured I should turn around or else it would look weird.

"Yes?" She looked up from her phone to raise an eyebrow.

"C-Can I...go...with my...friends to..." she never really told me a place. She only said where it was located. I had the idea to text Noelle and ask her where it was.

"To?" She asked.

"By Lasaway." I fixed my hand placement and put my left palm under my ear.

She hesitated, "Uhm...yeah, sure. What time?"

She hadn't really told me anything about the time and place. She said to show up, be there, and just come. Nothing more, no address, no time, nothing. The only time she gave was that Noelle would be there at twelve o' clock.

"Noelle is getting there at twelve." I said.

"Twelve? Honey, it's one-thirty." She sipped her coffee.

"Oh." I sighed.

"Well, I can still take you, you just won't be on time." She continued to sip her coffee.

"Oh, okay." I tried to make a smile. I really didn't want to go, but I wanted to go for Noelle. The only thing that could possibly mess up was her canceling.

I grabbed my money, my small purse, and got in my mom's car. She turned it on and the noise was rattling. I didn't want to go at all, 'Noelle better be there', I thought.

                                           ~~~

We drove for a while until we made it to the town. I told her it's by 'the shops' because, that's all the girl told me. I looked out the window, biting my nails and peeling at my skin. My mom looked out her window and took a glance at me through the mirror before tilting her entire head towards me. I saw her reflection through the glass and she looked back once she noticed I saw her.

"Honey, are you sure your friends are here?" She asked, turning the steering wheel.

"Y-yeah, they are." I said, biting at my nail.

She whispered a small, "okay" and assured herself another 'okay' under her breath. We drove for a little longer until I saw a group of girls walking around the sidewalk with coffee cups in their hands, they were laughing and looking at each other in amusement.

I recognized one of the girls, it was the one from my math class. She was pushing her way through the crowd to be the person front. She was laughing and holding her cup in-hand while saying every word. The cup moved from side to side in her palm, it was almost like jelly.

"This is them." I said, taking a slight glance at her before turning back to the window.

My mom pulled over, hesitantly and confused. She didn't say anything until we stopped and parked, "Okay," she looked me up and down with a small smile on her face, "bye, honey. I love you."

I opened the car door, "I love you too, mom."

I exited the car and stepped on the grass before the sidewalk. I stood there for a little bit and walked forward. I stared at the crack between the grass and the sidewalk, pressed my foot in front of it, and slowly walked onto the pavement. My mom stayed there for a while and watched me walk up the cement. When she finally turned around, I walked towards the girls.