Chapter 25 ~ Missing Greetings

We went to walk into the theater, a chill breeze calming, yet chilling down my spine. I noticed both Noelle and her mom were not far behind me, I was walking faster than usual. The movie boards with the titles and actors were lining the outside of the building, black borders framed on red bricks, everything falling into place. The theater had a good amount of people in it, not packed, but overly populated, a little less to be classified as 'packed.' We walked in, I pulled on the red, crescent-shaped handle and marched myself inside as I replaced my hands inside my zip-up hoodie's pockets. We walked inside and Noelle's mom checked in, the tickets held up on her phone. We were handed our little slips of paper, unusual in my sense. Were there always skeptical papers? Did they always hand out slips of paper to the people that walk in? I found it odd, we were the only ones in the entire area with tickets in hand, everyone else just walked perfectly inside their theater. Crying kids were let inside, but we had to prove we payed for tickets by showing them a slip of paper? Was it because of the movie we were watching? I had no idea, at home, you would just turn on the T.V and your movie would start playing by hitting the simple button of, 'play.' Noelle's mom walked to the right side of the theater and we followed. There were larger, big, glowing, bolted numbers along the theater that told you which room was which.

We entered theater seven and took time to find our seats. Our seats were in row four, they were the beginning of a new step of seating area. Surprisingly, we were the only ones in the whole theater. It was just us and two other people who sat high up in the stands. I glanced at the people, only able to see their black, shrouded pants and fancy, black, leather shoes. I ignored them and sat down in Row D, the one with our seats. Our seats were D14, D15, and D16, we all sat in a row, the three of us. Noelle's mom was on the other end towards the left of the room, Noelle was in the middle, and I was on the edge, the edge closest to the entrance door.

I overlook a lot of things, normally, the first thing I do is look for where the emergency exits are, no matter what place I'm in. This time, I noticed there was none, there was no exit. There was no escape. My heart added an extra beat, there was a lump in my throat and I couldn't gulp it down. I wanted to turn to Noelle, I shot my head over to her and she finally looked back after talking to her mom for a little while.

She looked at me in confusion but seemed like she cared. Noelle turned to look at her mom who was still rummaging through her purse, she turned back at me instantly, "are you okay?" She whispered.

I shot back to life after imagining every possible problem that could come of this. I looked at her, "oh, yeah."

She grabbed my arm to stop my shaking, "No, you're not. Are you okay?" She demanded.

I stopped and bit my lip, "I just...thought I saw something."

She looked me in the eye, "If this is about what is happening to you, we are going to figure it out."

I looked at her with tears forming in my eyes, I slowly nodded.

I felt like a baby, a big baby. I was overreacting about every little thing and nothing seemed to make it better, heck, I couldn't even make it past the previews before the movie. I laid my head back and felt too embarrassed to ask for snacks.

I slumped down in my reclining seat and felt a bag being placed in my lap. I looked down at it and saw two skinny hands putting it in my lap, gracefully.

I looked over to my left and saw the red headed girl placing a bag of trail mix in my lap.

She smiled, "at least eat something," she said.

I smiled and opened the bag, taking out a few blue chocolates mixed in the pile. I popped them into my mouth and enjoyed my chocolates as the movie finally started to begin. I laid back in my chair and watched as the movie went on.