Chapter 18 ~ You Need To Know

"Room four, to the left!" Was all I heard other than the ratchet noise of scurrying wheels.

I felt my body shaking, I could hear the rattling of the wheels, the noise. I was cold, wet, numb. My hearing was barely getting better, everything I heard was muffled and echoed. I felt a lift and I was plopped down onto, what felt like, a large uncomfortable pillow. I felt my body move up and heard a click.

"There, she should be all good, now." I heard a voice say, my eyes slowly but barely opened to see blue, different shades of blue, and a small blurred out, brown rectangle.

I swayed my head back a took a small nap.

                                           ~~~

I woke up and stared at the ceiling until my vision cleared. I turned my attention forward and saw my mom staring at her phone screen, I continued to looked around.

She looked up, "Prixley?"

"Mom, mom..." I cried. I was in the hospital, once again.

She came over and jumped out of her seat to hug me. I was sensitive, I knew that. I also knew I was put in the hospital the same way I was before. Thanks to Noelle, I might not have to stay as long as I should've.

"Mom, I'm so sorry, I didn't think-." I tried telling her but she was in disbelief.

"Hun, I know. I just- I don't know how you keep ending up like this?" Her eyebrows were slanted, there was sorrow in her eyes, she was worried about me. I knew I worried her from the very beginning, ever since middle school started, ever since I started being lousy in school, ever since my ADHD started to get out of hand, ever since I started worrying about every little thing and pulling the stunts that I do...just so I can cure my recurring boredom.

I wiped my cheek, "Do...Did...you know what...happened?" I stammered.

"You were slit, i-in the back..." she had trouble getting the words out of her mouth. She cut me off and went straight to the point...with some hesitation.

"Mom, I promise I didn't do-" I tried to tell her.

"You told me they were your friends." She said.

"T-Th.." I didn't want to tell her that they were because I couldn't even spit that out of my mouth. They ditched me, I knew they wouldn't call me a friend or anything near one, so why should I?

She looked skeptical and was waiting for an answer.

Someone wanted me killed, and they wanted it done now.

"Honey," she tried.

"No." I said as a I looked away.

I stared at the wall next to me, thinking, contemplating.

There was silence, utter silence. No one said a word, it was just inhaling and exhaling. If you listened close enough, you could hear the breaths being taken. I looked at her, she was pressing her lips together and looking down at the bed, awaiting my gaze to be cast upon her.

I took a deep breath and looked away, the blue rubbery outline on the bottom of the wall stared back at me. I didn't try to look at anything in particular in that direction, I just did. I ignored my mom approaching me until she placed her hand on my face.