Chapter 17 ~ Savior

I was laying down on cold, wet concrete. My head was facing straight up at the sky. My eyes were closed, my body wasn't moving, I was pale, I was cold, and most of all, I was alone. Until... I felt a light patting on my face. The hands were keeping my head up, they felt hard and sweaty, but they also felt warm?

The words I was hearing were muffled, I couldn't hear anything but a bunch of covered up words. The words echoed through my head, everything was foggy, cloudy. I couldn't think straight, my brain wasn't even thinking at all.

The patting started turning into slapping and I couldn't force myself to wake up or even, at most, get up. The voices were getting louder and I could feel myself trying to grasp on to some form of life, anything. I felt another wet, open, dirty body part touch mine. I felt air go into my body and something come up my throat. The person stopped squeezing my nose with every form of grip they can even have. The person jolted away once finished and did nothing that I was aware of for a few seconds, then went back to slapping.

I felt my cough come up my throat and I coughed aloud for everyone to hear.

The person squealed, "Prixley, oh my God!!" The person picked me up and held my head in their arms, "Prixley," she said, "are you okay?" She finished.

My eyes were not even open all the way, they stayed in the same position they had been for the past...I don't know how long. My thoughts were slowly clearing up and I could register the voices I was hearing.

I started blinking rapidly and waking myself up.

I was in someone's arms, they wrapped around me loosely, unwillingly giving me room to move away. I looked up and immediately tried to scurry and run away. I rolled out of the person's arms and backed away as fast as I could. I pulled myself backwards to give myself a distance from the person sitting before me. My legs were out in front of me and I was looking down at the concrete below my body. Tears were, once again, running down my face. I was biting my lip hard, almost ready to bleed. I looked straight at the girl in front of me, I looked her in the eye. Her eyebrows were curved, she was sad, confused, upset.  We looked at each other, staring at each other, and quickly broke the gaze as I leapt forward and grasped the person in my arms.

"Noelle..? NOELLE!!" I screamed and hugged her like there was no other bother in the world. I grabbed her, I didn't know if I was choking her but I didn't care, I held onto her, I pulled her in, I cried in her shoulder, I was clutching onto her gray-looking shirt. We were kneeling on the wet concrete floor hugging one another until our arms would detach from our bodies.

I cried an 'oh my God' under my breath and I sobbed into her shoulder.

"Shhh, shh, you're okay." She continued to hug me, she rubbed my back but quickly stopped. I felt her pull her hand away.

Her facial expression was not visible to me, her head was planted on my shoulder and my head was dug into hers, I was balling my eyes out, never letting go.

She lifted my head up, and after a few seconds, she told me, "Will you please, tell me if you're okay and why you're out here?" She moved my hair behind my ear.

I sniffled and wiped my nose with a fist, "I need to tell you everything."

She nodded and held my head in place, "Prixley, you're bleeding, a lot." She whimpered.

I was confused and turned around, it was enough for me to see the blood all over the black cement and all over the back of my shirt. I turned back to her, shaking. I covered my mouth in disbelief.

She caressed my face and comforted me, "It's going to be okay."

I nodded rapidly, unsure of what to do other than listen.

"...but I need to take you to the Doctor's."  She continued to hold her hands on my cheeks as I groaned.

"No, no, no." I groaned as I gently placed my hands against her wrists to pull them down.

"You're losing pints of blood, you're-" she tried to continue but I just kept shaking my head.

"Please," she stroked my hair, "If you're going to let me help you again, please, let it be this time." She looked at me for confirmation.

My jacket was lying on the ground, it was pulled off my body and set to the side by the dumpster that I didn't remember from before.

I sniffled, I wanted to be anywhere but the doctor's office, anywhere but the hospital. I was already going mental and I knew it. The last thing I needed was for them to ask me how or where I got the slit. The girls in the group left me and I had nowhere to go, I almost got killed but 'thankfully' only got cut and slit in the back by a walking psychotic maniac who is not giving up.

"Prixley, please." She put both her hands on my cheeks as she brought me back to reality instead of my fantasy world.

One thing was for sure, that robotic lady was not part of my fantasy world, she was most definitely a reality.

I squeezed my eyes and pressed my lips as I accepted my fate, "please, yes."

"Thank you." She smiled.

She pulled out her phone and made a phone call.