Chapter 1:

You've been living with your dad across the country, but he isn't the best to be around so you packed your stuff and drove all the way back to Hawkins, Indiana to stay with your mom and little brother Dustin. It's about a 12 hour drive, so you're exhausted but are so ready to be finally happy.

I pulled up in the driveway, of course he's out there looking like he's waiting for the ice cream truck to arrive. He yells, "MOM! Novaleigh is here! I repeat, Novaleigh is here!" I see his big grin across his face.
"Dustyyy! I missed you so much!" I say as I'm giving him the biggest hug. You see your mom crying, so you run up to her, "Hey momma, I'm home." Hugging her tight. "Please don't ever leave again." She says. "I promise I won't, trust me." I replied.

"Dustin help me with my bags, it's not a lot." I asked him. "Alright sis." He replies. I walk up the stairs and walk into my room. It hasn't changed a bit, besides the pink walls, those are new. Mom probably got excited. I looked in my closet and it was filled with new clothes. My vanity was filled with new makeup and perfumes.

God she spoils me.

I say to myself. I plop on my bed and fall asleep.

*4 hours later*

"Novaleigh, wake up! You want to go to the mall with me?" Dustin asks. "You? The mall? Really?" You chuckle. "Well you should know I have a girlfriend, and plus the gang wants to see you!" He says with excitement. "I have to meet the girl who stole my brothers little heart." Wiping the fake tears from my face. "Alright let me find my keys."

We're driving to pick up Mike and Max.
"Are you ready to start school?" Dustin asks. "Not really but it is my last year, so maybe it'll be a good one." I smile. "How's dad?" He asks with hesitation in his voice. "Eh I guess okay, I was mostly alone all the time so I didn't see him much," I replied. "I'm sorry he wasn't nice." He says with a sad tone. "Dusty, it's okay. I'm here now." I smile, patting his head.  He smiles at me and we make it to Mikes house first.

"Hey Nova! You're back!" Mike said with very much excitement. "How's my- well not so little buddy doing." I said laughing. "You've grown so much man!" I added. "I'm good, I'm about to go to California to see Eleven this summer." He says with a smile. "Oo how is you and El?" I smirk. "We're doing great, I think I'm in love nova. You don't understand!" He screams. "You're right I don't know what love is." I say laughing. "One day your Prince Charming will come rescue you from your horrible life." Dustin laughs. I smack him in the arm. "Mean ass." I smile.

We arrive at Max's house. I honk the horn and she yells out the door, "I'm coming hold on!" As we wait Dustin and Mike get out and says they'll be right back. There's this guy standing in front of his door, his trailer door. Long wavy hair, brown eyes, with the perfect smile. He looks a little older but he is the most dreamiest guy I've ever seen. They must know him, they must be best friends, "Hey who's that?" I ask Max as she slides in the front seat. "Oh? Him? That's Eddie. Eddie Munson. He's a senior, for the 2nd time." She laughs. "Dustin, Mike, and Lucas play D&D with him." She adds. "Oh cool, wait 2 times?" I raised an eyebrow. "Yeah he failed." She laughs, "But he is really nice and easy on the eyes." She winks and nudges me. I can feel my face getting red. "Shush!" I laugh.
"Alright let's head out!" I say.