Chapter 4:

I was about to walk out the doors of the school when I heard Mike and Dustin yell for me, "Hey! Nova!" It kind of startled me but I turned around and said, "what do you guys want? I just wanna go home!" I exclaimed and groaned. "Um, Eddie forgot to ask you but do you wanna watch the hellfire game tonight?" He asked nervously.

"I don't know dusty, I have to finish cleaning up the room and mom told me to watch over the house while she's gone on a business trip." I replied.
"Oh yeah. I forgot about that. Hm, okay. I'll tell him." Dustin says with a sad tone. "I'm sorry little bro." I said as I gave him a hug. "It's okay? Love you." He replies. "Love you too bud."

I got in my car and left back to the house, I made a quick pit stop to the video store to pick up some movies and snacks. I walked in and I seen the best people ever, Robin and Steve. They look cute together but I know it'll never happen. I say to myself giggling.

"Oh my god, oh my god. Steve! Come here now!" She yells as she seen me coming through the door. "What Robin! Do you have to be so lo—." He stops mid sentence and picks me up and hugs me. "Oh my god I'd never thought I would see your gorgeous face ever again!" He says while kissing my forehead.

"Well hello to you too Steven." I smiled. "How are you? When did you get back? Omg." Robins says hugging me. "Just a couple days ago, I started school. I didn't see you guys there though." I replied. "Oh yeah, the boss didn't come in today so we had too." She scuffed. "Oh that's fun." I say laughing.
"How's Nancy Steve?" I winked at him. "She's with Jonathon now, but I don't think they're working out to well since he's in California." His smile fades. "Aw dang, I'm sorry man. She's in love with you though. You know that right." I smirked, "no she ain't, shh I don't wanna talk about it." He added running off.
"They're in love." Robin says smiling.

"Well I better get out of here, we'll catch up alright?" I say, "alright! Love you girlie." She said hugging me, "love you too weirdo, bye" Steve yelled from the back room. "Bye ! Love ya!" I waved at them and started driving home.

I felt bad for not going with Dustin, but I don't want to disappoint mom. Maybe it's because when I disappointed dad he would hit me. I never told anyone, I've broken so many ribs and bones in my body, had too many bruises to count from that evil man. I start tearing up thinking about it.
Stop it Novaleigh. You're not there anymore and he's never going to hurt you again!
I say to myself. I parked in the driveway, my mom was about to get in the car. I grabbed my goodies and walked towards her.
"Hey momma, leaving are you?" I ask.
"Yeah unfortunately I am. I'll be back as soon as I can sweetie. Your brother is with his friends, he'll be home later on." She says while putting her bags in. I help her and reply, "I know he told me before I left school. And take your time mom, you deserve a break. I'll keep the house clean and watch Dustin." I reassure her as I hugged her. "Thank you sweetie. Love you bunches." She smiled and got in the car and left. I waved goodbye and blew her a kiss then walked in the house.

What am I going to do with myself for a whole two weeks without her here!?