Chapter 5: 🦋

It's been a few hours since I've been home and moms left. Dustin came by to get some snacks and his hellfire shirt.
"I'll be home in a few hours okay sis?" He says.
"Alright dusty, be careful!" I reply to him.
"Are you cooking dinner?" Dustin asks.
"I mean if you want me too I will,?" I look at him.
"Please! I'll have everyone over to come eat if that's okay?" He says, "hey I didn't say I was feeding the whole crew!" I yelled, "thanks love you bye !" He yells back as his running out the door.

Ugh I hate when he does that!
I say to myself out loud. Hm, what should I cook? Pasta? Steaks? Oo I know, pizza. The kids love my homemade pizza that my Nona taught me. I'll make that. I turn on the radio, my favorite song "Magic Man by Heart" came on. I was singing along to it, making the pizza dough and starting the homemade sauce. Then I hear the phone ring.

"Hello?" I answered.
"Hey sweetheart." He replies back. It's him! How did he get our number? Oh yeah Dustin.
"What's up? Why are you calling? Is Dustin okay?" I panicked.
"Whoa calm down sweetheart, he's fine. They're getting ready." He says reassuring me. "Shew, good. I can't let nothing happen the first night of me being by myself with my mom here, she'll kill me." I laughed it off after embarrassing myself. "Oo by yourself?" He said in a low, but so attractive tone. "Oh shush, what do you need I'm busy!" I rushed him. "So I heard we're going over there for food?" He asked. "Yes, I'm making pizza. Tell Dustin his favorite pizza." I said smiling. All of sudden I heard him say in the background, "Oh my god yes! You guys are gonna fall in love with that thing." He shouts. "Well you heard him," he chuckled, "I'll see you later princess." He says and hangs up.

God, they way he calls me all these pet names are driving me crazy. I don't know anything about him, but I want to know everything. Where he's from, what's his dislikes, likes, hobbies, etc.

A few hours pass and I put my pizzas in the oven since the dough is done rising. I made a classic pepperoni for Ms. Erica Sinclair and Max. Then I made a veggie style pizza for me and Dustin and a couple others to mix it up.

I heard knocking on the door, "coming!" I shouted. It was max and Erica. "Hey lovely ladies," I smiled and hugged them. "We brought the drinks since I knew the boys wouldn't. And we brought snacks and popcorn so we can watch movies." She exclaimed sounding all excited. "What kind of movies did you pick out Nova?" Erica asked.

"I have Halloween, Breakfast club, the Goonies, Freddy Krueger & Sixteen candles." I replied smiling. "Ooo chick flicks, let's make them watch them!" Erica said. "Let's watch Halloween, so nova can get all close to Eddie." Max says while they both are making kissy faces. "Girls, now, shush." I smile and start to blush.

I heard the door open, "Nova! We're home!" Dustin blurts out, "we're ready to grub on some pizza!" Mike shouted behind them. "Aye go sit at the table boys, you are not messing up my clean house!" I shouted at them. "Yeah you heard your mom, do as she asks!" I turned around and Eddie walked in smiling ear to ear after he said that. He shut the door behind him and walked over to me, "Hi Princess." He says smirking. "Hey Munson." I say smiling.

Everyone's eating, I already ate some while no one was here. I wanted to make sure everyone had enough. You look over and Eddie's just staring at you with those beautiful dark brown eyes. I glance away because you don't want to make it weird. Everyone was done eating, "hey everyone, go to the living room. We're having a movie night. And the girls already picked out the movies." I yelled. "Aw man, now we're gonna watch a bunch of chick flicks." Dustin groaned, "we got a scary movie for later. So shush your complaining!" Max exclaimed.

"I call the chair!" Max shouted, "I call the couch!" Dustin said, "Me too!" Erica added, the rest sat on the floor. I made a few pallets on the floor so everyone can be comfortable.
"Hey you need any help cleaning?" Eddie came up to me and asked. "Sure, if you want." I smiled. I start doing the dishes while Eddie is drying them and putting them up. "So where were you before you came here?" He asks. "I was living with my dad in Seattle, Washington." I replied. "Did you like it there?" He asks while smiling at me. "No. Not really." I replied, "I'm sorry, touchy subject?" Eddie says. "Me and him didn't get along, but he didn't want me to stay with my mom." I say, "I didn't want too but he would've kept hitting my mom and Dustin, so I just agreed and went with him." I added. "Did he ever hit you Nova?" He asks nervously. Tears started to form in my eyes, "hey it's okay we don't have to talk about it." He adds, he puts his hand on my back and starts rubbing it, comforting me. "No it's okay, um yeah he hit me. Every time he was drunk, which was every single day." I frowned and put my head down. "Can I go find him and kick his ass?" He says, you could see him tense up. "No, it's okay. Im safe here with my mom." I say as I grab his hand. He was calming down.

It fell silent for a minute and he looked down at me and said, "You're safe with me too. I won't let nobody hurt you." Eddie says with that sly smirk I love so much already. I just smiled at him, getting butterflies in my stomach all over again.