10

I thought my weekend would just be me staying in the house, but no.

When Hannah Schultz wants to have a sleepover with all of the seniors after the game on Friday, you go. I had to admit that the girl knew how to throw a great party.

To be honest, I couldn't believe that we were halfway through our final football season. At least in high school, maybe I would cheer in college. Only time would tell. 

"Rowan Carroway!" I heard a voice shout. I turned to see Hannah who had already taken down her hair from her high ponytail. "You better be at my house by midnight! Don't skip out on me."

Even though every bone in my body just wanted to take a shower, watch a good movie, and go to sleep, I agreed. 

I gave her a tight-lipped smile. "I won't."

I drove home, took a shower, put on a cute pink matching set, and packed a bag. I couldn't wait until my braid appointment so I could have a break from doing my own hair. Somehow, I managed to get my hair in two french braids that didn't look half bad. 

"I'm going to Hannah's." I walked into my parents' room.

My dad was scrolling on his laptop which meant he was either shopping for golf or home improvement stuff. 

My mom was laying on their chaise lounge with a sheet mask on her face. "You know we're going shopping for your debutante dress tomorrow."

"I know. I'll be back before ten in the morning. That leaves me plenty of time to freshen up." I 

"Have fun." my dad waved.

My mom nodded. "See you in the morning."

I told them goodbye and started my drive to Hannah's house. By the I got there, the driveway was damn near full. I knew I was really late if Bria's Mini Cooper made it before I did.

"Finally!" Hannah gave me a hug.

Everyone was sitting in the game room and For the Girls was pulled out so I already knew where this was going. I put down my duffle bag and joined the four other seniors.

"We all know Ro likes to take long showers." Lulu pointed out. Her real name was Lourdes but she'd been going by Lulu since kindergarten. She had her jet black hair in a bubble braid which really suited her.

"What can I say? My mom instilled some very intense beauty practices in me." I took a handful of gummy worms.

Bria nodded. "Her mom has the best skin care and makeup collection."

That was true.

"You came at a great time. Han was just about to tell us the story of her steamiest make-out session." Violet informed me.

Dear God.

Hannah held up the game card. "It just happened last night so it's fresh on my mind."

"Well, where do I even begin? I've been flirting with Hayden Brooks since Paige's back to school. You know, something fun and light. I'm still playing the field." she began

"Field, court, swimming pool." Violet coughed.

I glanced over at Bria and she gave me a look.

"I was just chilling in the library after practice and sure enough, we were in the library at the same time. I went over to his table to work my magic." Hannah went on as my phone buzzed.

Bria: she's "talking" to hayden & tyler on the bb team, chris on baseball, tucker on swim, lance on lacrosse, owen on fb

Damn.