28

As I stood in Hannah's backyard with a drink in my hand, I looked around at everyone that was there. We were really about to graduate from high school and go our separate ways.

This was probably one of my last times partying it up in Hannah's backyard. This was all we knew for the past few years. Would I be in a frat house a year from now? A club? Another house party who knew?

But I did know that I was drunk as hell.

And I couldn't stop thinking about what Hayden was about to ask me during the dance. I glanced over at him and saw him with his friends. 

Ugh.

"Ives." I whispered to her.

She looked at me. "What's up?"

"You look so beautiful like this effortless after-party look is really doing something for you."

She's definitely drunk too.

I grinned. "Thank you, doll, but there is something that is really bothering me. But at the same time I don't know if I'm like throwing things out of proportion, you know?"

"Come, let's talk for a minute." she grabbed my hand and dragged me to the side of Hannah's house. "What happened?"

"Hayden and I were at prom and you know everything was cool right?" Ivy nodded her head to show that she was following. "He asked me and I quote 'Do you think we're going to be ok when we moved to Texas?'"

"Do you think he knows about what happened with Micah or what do you think happened? Do you think he wants something serious? Or what if it's the complete opposite and he wants nothing to do with me?"

Ivy shook her head. "Ro-ro, calm down. First of all, I'm drunk so this may not be my most sound advice, but you are eighteen you don't have to have it all figure it out right now."

"You're also like blooming right now! You've always been the it girl in Raleigh, North Carolina being a cheerleader, student body president, rich parents, nice body, you travel, and you have good style. Now you're becoming the it girl online too." 

That was true.

People ate up get ready with me's, montages, and hauls on Social media. Getting my first PR package the other day really made me realize that this social media fame thing could go somewhere. My content was only going to get better when college started. 

"That might be a little threatening to him like 'Oh Rowan Carrooway isn't my little secret anymore.' You Know? And why are you always so paranoid that he knows about Micah?" Ivy questioned me.

I shrugged. "I don't know."

Her eyes got big. "Rowan! Do you have feelings for Micah? Even if it's just a little bit?"

"I think he's cute and he's -"  I admitted. "But I can't say these things because I'm with Hayden!"

"Mmmm, no you aren't." Ivy shook her head. "He hasn't made any efforts to make it official, so they're for you know you owe him nothing right now."

I hadn't thought about that.

"Thank you, Ivy. " I hugged her. "Come on let's go back to the party and get a shot."

Ivy and I took a shot (or three) before we went back to the party.  I let myself go and had fun with my friends. We played pong, flip cup, and took lots of pictures for memories. 

I stood around the table as we watched people play beer pong.

Then I felt hands on my waist. "Hi, Carroway."

Why did that send chills down my spine?

I leaned back into him. "Hi."

Hayden wrapped an arm around my waist. "Do you wanna go somewhere?"