Chapter 34

---Lane's POV---

When I had the nerve to try and push Jethro's buttons, to try and toe along the lines of his limits, I wasn't anticipating this.

I had been hoping on, praying for toe curling, bone melting pleasure. To be bent over the nearest surface and be shown exactly who I belonged to.

Hell, my Master had been just as eager as I had been, rushing out of the Council Halls, shifting as he was moving with me securely in his claws.

Only now, I was seated at the table, blinking in confusion and slight sexual frustration at a small stack of papers.

Jethro had placed down the papers along with a pen and had told me to do what felt natural. However, ignoring my desire to look at some papers was definitely not natural at the moment.

Shuffling with my feet and scuffing the heels against the floor like a child protesting at being put in time out, I hesitantly flipped the first place.

"Would you be interested in wax play?" "Yes. Okay. Soft Limit. Hard Limit."

A flush crept on my cheeks as I choked on thin air, my brain slow to realize exactly what this questionary was. With each question, it seemed as it the topic was getting lewder and lewder.

Squeezing my thighs together and stifling a whimper between my lips, I shakily reached out for the pen within view.

I remembered Jethro speaking of limits before, but it was only briefly mentioned. Something that was normally discussed in a contract between a Dominant and their intended Submissive.

"What we have can't be bound by a simple contract. Our bond already transcends marriage. But each and every relationship is build upon the foundations of communication."

A shiver darted over my back, clearly remembering those words spoken... months ago. When Jethro and I had been lying on the couch, where he had been petting my hair.

Now I knew why this list was presented. Why Jethro was currently seated on the opposite side of the room, scribbling on his own list.

Already I could smell the subtle spice of his pheromones, spiking at random before circling something on his list, making notes. When he noticed my gaze on him, he slowly stilled, raising his heated eyes to mine and smirked.

Flushing from the tips of my ears down to my toes, I instead started reading this list seriously.

"A Hard Limit is something you will absolutely not do, under any circumstances. A Soft Limit is something that you aren't normally interested in but are willing to try under the right circumstances."

Nodding to myself, I read along as the contract stated that in all circumstances, Jethro would respect my Hard Limits but would, if prepared and willing, attempt one of the Soft Limits.

As long as he had my consent.

Flitting my eyes to the first section, I let out a soft, stuttering breath, mindlessly tapping the end of the pen against my lip.

"Bondage.

Rope. Yes. Okay. Soft Limit. Hard Limit.

Rope (suspension). Yes. Okay. Soft Limit. Hard Limit.

Cuffs.(Leather, metal). Yes. Okay. Soft Limit. Hard Limit.

Blindfold. Yes. Okay. Soft Limit. Hard Limit.

Gag (Cloth, ball, ring, tape). Yes. Okay. Soft Limit. Hard Limit."

Shivering, I slowly circled the things I was absolutely certain of. I was a bit curious what the suspension rope meant, so I circled the Okay. with an added question mark to it.