Chapter 12

---Lane's POV---

I woke slowly, head light and floating as my fingers unconsciously flexed, tensing and relaxing in an endless and instinctual pattern. My chest rumbled on its own accord, a slight build up of saliva in my mouth alerting me that I had most likely started purring in my sleep.

The blankets bunched under my kneading fingers, sleepy purrs slowly strengthening as my nostrils flared at a strong whiff of Master's scent.

Struggling to lift my head up, I barely managed to roll it out of the pillow, eye blinking lazily before groaning as all kinds of sensations fired off at once. I felt oddly boneless, yet my muscles protested with sharp aches whenever I moved my hips in any shape or form.

It wasn't that sharp an ache, more a pleasant reminder of what I've done the night beforehand. It was almost enough to make me blush before I decided to at least attempt to sit upright in bed.

Pushing my arms underneath me, I barely managed to push myself on my forearms before flopping weakly on the bed, groaning with delight when strong fingers dug into my cramping muscles, massaging them into obedience.

Jethro chuckled gruffly as I became putty under his hands, each pass of his strong fingers tracing my spine provoking stronger purrs than before. The sensation was welcome, almost rocking me back to sleep as lips feathered lightly over my spine.

I stretched with a long yawn, making a move to push myself but flopped back obediently when Jethro's hand gently pressed between my shoulder blades with a firm, "Stay." He moved the covers back over my body, the lingering warmth in the blankets soothing the aching muscles somewhat.

"Rest Kitten, I'll be back with some food and medicine in a bit." Jethro murmured softly before inhaling sharply when I replied with a demure, "Yes Sir." Turning my head, I could see a blurry outline of Jethro before he exhaled and shook his head with another chuckle, pushing up off the bed.

His eyes were molten amber, gold flecks swirling around in their depths as his dragon preened under the attention. With a shake of his head and a teasing lilt to his lip, he left the room with another muttered, "Rest."

Shoving my arms under the pillow, I pulled it closer against my face and sighed contently, perfectly fine with not moving from this spot until my Master said otherwise. I didn't mind any of his commands, as I had learned over time that all his commands and requests had always been in my best interest.

Jethro had always taken care of my needs first before giving in to what I wanted, if possible. When I had needed to heal, he provided me with the means to do so, even allowing me to sit outside purely because I wanted to.

The few times that he actually reprimanded me... I thought back to it and nodded to myself. It was either when I didn't obey his requests, when I threatened to do damage to myself due to pride and stubbornness or when I had damaged his property.

Instead stressing out, I simply stretched with a quiet groan before closing my eyes, allowing the sounds of the forest around and Jethro moving downstairs to lull me in a state between sleep and awake.

My back did throb quite painfully but I did my best to ignore it, smiling to myself as I knew that Jethro would take care of me. It was a joy to know that I was taken care of, loved and needed by my Master.

I must've dozed off at some point because I woke to a gentle pressure on the bed and Jethro's hand resting gently against my cheek. His thumb brushed gently underneath my eye and followed my cheekbone as I greeted him with a sleepy chuff.

His arms gently pushed underneath my body, making me shiver as I slid in his arms without resistance, nuzzling his shirt when he picked me up. The purrs in my chest wouldn't stop and I smiled happily when Jethro's own chest rumbled from time to time, as if his dragon was responding to my own joy.