Chapter 9 -

---Lane's POV---

The room was absolutely silent. Not a breath to be heard as I tried to remain as quiet as possible ; even breathing had become controlled and soft in an attempt to listen and hear Jethro in the room.

The second we got home, I had thought things would've gone steamy and intense but much to my surprise, Jethro had told me to get some shorts on and meet him in the bedroom. I had followed his demand, albeit a bit confused and did as he asked.

Now I was kneeling in the middle of the room, the soft plush carpet tickling my legs as each exhale ruffled the plush against the bare skin of my leg. The floorboards outside the room creaked, my back instantly exploding in an array of goosebumps as I shivered all over.

The door closed with an audible click but I didn't dare look up. I wasn't afraid, not at all. But judging from the rumbling sounds with each in- and exhale, Jethro's dragon was very much in charge and controlling Jethro's body.

I think I might've poked the bear a bit too much...

A shiver ran through me as hot air brushed over my shoulder, a single fingertip trailing over my spine and following the goosebumps down before he huffed with amusement when a purr slipped from my lips.

"Such a gorgeous and perfect little kitten." Jethro rumbled as he stepped away and I instantly felt at a loss when his fingers left my skin. I blinked quickly, trying to glance around the room but looked down when Jethro clicked his tongue.

Fingers brushed over my throat, slight pressure forcing my chin up gently yet firmly until I was looking Jethro in the eye. "Are you untouched, little one?" I blushed beet-red at his question, instantly gaining a purr like growl from Jethro as he blinked lazily.

"I see. We need to make some rules if we're going to explore this obvious chemistry. Your tiger was all too eager to provoke and lure me out, but now it seems to be content to hide in the shadows, hmm?"

Without any prompting of my own, by chest puffed up, arms reached back to clasp behind my head and my chin jutted out, as if silently defying Jethro's words. I could tell from the smirk on his lips that he was amused, the reflection of my glowing eye a big enough clue that my tiger was calling the shots now.

"Interesting." His fingers danced over my arm and down my throat before he crouched down so we were face to face. Effortlessly, he made me look up, my chin gently pinched between his fingers as his eyes flitted over my face.

"The rules are simple," Jethro started as my heartbeat raced against his fingers, heat blossoming from where he touched. "We dragons are very possessive creatures. Whatever we find dear to us, we keep safe, nurtured and protected." His eyes gleamed a vibrant gold, the pupil a tiny slit seemingly engulfed by flames.

His fingers gently petted my face and throat, edging towards my hair until soft rumbles vibrated through my chest. Jethro smiled warmly at that as he continued, "I simply want obedience and trust from you. As I shall treat you with respect and love, I wish to be respected the same way. When I ask you to do something, you will obey me."

"Of course, you're allowed to speak your mind; I wish to have a mate, not a puppet to dance for my amusement." He smirked, eyes flashing when he caught the little burst of defiance that my tiger felt. "But I'd like there to be a very good reason for you to disobey me"

I shivered, not in fear, but excitement. What Jethro was asking had been normal for me to do. I had already played by his rules for my entire stay and back at home I had no issue to keep my head down.

A tingle rushed down my spine as he leaned closer, "It seems that your tiger already knows how to present, though when I ask for this position, you shall be standing on your feet." He wasted no time in tugging me on my feet, his hands firm yet gentle as he placed me exactly as he wanted me to be.