011. beach read

CHAPTER ELEVEN ( 🧺 )narrative !

narrative !

INCOMING FACETIME CALL FROM
' REMI :) '

ACCEPT DECLINE

"I HOPE this wasn't a bad time, if it was, I can call you back later," Remington started with, staring at her friend through her phone. His room was dark besides the light of his computer screen. It was nearing one in the morning.

Colby shook his head, "No, Rems, you're good. I'm editing." He spotted the book in her hands, knowing she was going to say something.

She smiled, "Fictional men are the best thing ever." She started, making Colby chuckle. "Literally, they're sort of perfect, few exceptions though."

"What book are you reading?" He questioned.

Remington put her finger between the pages and showed him the cover, "Beach Read by Emily Henry." She told him. He nodded, "They were rivals in college and then she moves in next door to him in a lake house. They're both authors and they learn how to write each other's genres."

He smiled as she spoke. He loved to see how passionate she was about this sort of thing. Gently, she folded over one of the pages before closing the book and placing it on her beside table. "It's genuinely so cute, I love it. I just started it at ten, I think."

"You're like halfway through the book!"

She shrugged with a grin, "I'm a fast reader!"

Colby watched as she pulled her blankets to her shoulders, moving her computer to where he could still see her, "Are you going to bed?" He questioned.

"Maybe, but I think should go to sleep," the girl countered, "How much left is there to edit?"

He shrugged, "Not much. I have to type in a few things but that's it."

"Okay, do that and then go to bed." Colby started typing, not ending the FaceTime so Remington's surprise. He adjusted the blue light glasses he wore, she admired him as he edited.

When Colby finished up the editing, he closed his computer. He would show the video to Sam later on. Slipping his hoodie over his head, he glanced at his phone. Remi had fallen asleep even after she had insisted he go to sleep. He caught himself smiling at her, taking a picture of her.

"Goodnight, Remi," he whispered, hanging up the phone.

AUTHOR SPEAKS !
colby and remi <333