25. meet ruby

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE ( 🧺 )messages, narrative, & instagram !

messages, narrative, & instagram !

(after they get back from texas)

COLBY 🫶🏻
REMI

REMS <3
COLBY

COLBY 🫶🏻
do you remember when we were
investigating the Bowers Mansion
how you said you wanted a cat so bad?

REMS <3
yes where is this going ?

COLBY 🫶🏻
come over rn pls :)

REMS <3
okay ? you're scaring me 😐
READ 15:14
REMS <3
why is someone pounding
on my front door ?
READ 15:17
REMS <3
WHY ARE KAT AND SAM HERE ???
READ 15:19
REMS <3
they're literally pulling me to
their car
READ 15:20
REMS <3
IT WOULD BE NICE TO
GET AN ANSWER
DELIVERED

REMINGTON HAD pestered Kat and Sam the entire ride to their house. She already had an idea of what was going on, but that didn't stop her from being nervous.

Sam pulled up to the house and the three of them got out of the car, "Someone tell me what's going on." She said, looking at her friends. The two of them shook their heads.

"It's not anything bad, Rems. I promise," Kat reassured and the three of them walked inside. As soon as she stepped inside, she saw Paisley and Vinnie who were supposed to be out with their friends. Remington furrowed her brows at them.

"Hi, Remi!" Paisley said happily.

Remington glanced between them, "I thought you guys were with Parker and Elaine?" They looked at each other and shrugged.

"Have her sit on the couch and close her eyes!" They heard Colby call from the other room.

Remington sat on their couch, her friends and sister sitting around her. She closed her eyes, pressing her palms over them too. The woman heard footsteps come into the living room, "Okay," Colby started, "hold out your hands."

"Colby, I swear to God-," Remi started, doing as Colby told her to.

She heard something unzipping, "Are you ready?" Colby asked.

"I'm scared," She admitted. Colby knelt in front of her, his hand brushing her knee.

He licked his lips, "It's not gonna hurt you. Can I put it in your hands?" He asked gently and she nodded hesitantly.

After a few seconds, she felt claws dig into her palms, furry paws rested against her hands. She opened her eyes to see a kitten. She really should've known when Colby texted her about it, but she didn't think he would actually get her a kitten.

Tears stung Remi's eyes as she looked from the cat to Colby. Sam, Kat, Paisley, and Vinnie were all recording on their phones.

"I didn't think you were serious," she said to Colby. She stood up, wrapping him in a hug, the kitten still in her arms.

They both looked down at the animal. It has white and orange fur, blue eyes stared back at them. Colby's arms were around Remington's waist as she stroked the kitten's fur, "She was named Ruby," he said, "I was told you could change it."

Remi shook her head, "I love that." She smiled, leaning into Colby, "Thank you." She whispered softly, but he could hear her.

He pressed his lips to her head, "You're welcome."

LIKED BY CADENREED AND OTHERSREMINGTONJAMES, colby made me cry with this cat so meet ruby <33TAGGED, colbybrock

REMINGTONJAMES, colby made me cry with this cat so meet ruby <33
TAGGED, colbybrock

VIEW COMMENTS.

PAISLEYJAMES, she's the cutest rems :))
COMMENT LIKED BY REMINGTONJAMES

USERNAME, HE GOT HER A CAT????
USERNAME, STOP THEY'RE THE FUCKING CUTEST

USERNAME, okay but why? why does he like her so much?
ANDREACHAPMAN, i don't know, maybe cause they're best friends ?

KATRINASTUARTOFFICIAL, love love love you guys and ruby! 🤍
COMMENT LIKED BY REMINGTONJAMES

KIMBERLYREED, She's so cute!
COMMENT LIKED BY REMINGTONJAMES

COLBYBROCK, i didn't mean to make you cry but i know you've wanted a cat 🖤
REMINGTONJAMES, i love you <3

AUTHOR SPEAKS !
when is it my turn for someone
to get me a cat?