014. enchanted to meet you

CHAPTER FOURTEEN ( 🧺 )narrative !

narrative !

"BYE, PAIS! I love you!" Remington called from the couch, watching as her sister headed for for apartment door. She was going to hang out with some friends, Sam and Colby teasingly acted hurt that she didn't want to spend time with them.

"I love you too," Paisley smiled before walking out of the door. A Marvel movie played on the TV as the four friends sat around on the couch. It was more in the background. They were all talking and playing on their phones.

Remington lifted her head from her phone. She'd received a text from Vinnie saying when he was flying in, "You guys remember the boy Paisley met on that flight to Kansas?" She asked.

"She told me all about him." Kat said with a grin and the boys just nodded.

"He's coming to visit in a week," she told them.

Colby smiled, "Really? That's sick."

"So we get to meet him," Sam said and Remi nodded, knowing he and Colby would want to talk to him about Paisley. Nate would have too if he knew Vinnie was coming.

"I'm picking him up from the airport on Wednesday next week."

Colby looked at her, "Do you want someone to go with you?"

"Sure, that'd be nice."

Remington told them they had to keep it a secret from Paisley so she could be surprised. They already suspected it was.

After another hour, Kat and Sam said they had to go. Sam had to work on a video and Kat had a meeting tomorrow. Colby told them he was going to stay for a bit. The two of them sat on the couch.

"I have to do dishes," Remi rubbed her eyes, staring at the mess from dinner.

"I can help." Colby offered.

The girl just stared at him, "You don't have to do that." She said as she got up, he followed her. "Well, I am."

Playfully, she rolled her eyes and grabbed a container to store the leftover pasta in. Colby filled the sink with water while Remi turned on a playlist. The first song that came on was She's Not Afraid by One Direction.

He started washing a plate, scrubbing it with a sponge and soap covered hands. Remington looked up at him, finding herself smiling. He made eye contact when he handed the plate to her. She quickly turned away from him, loading the dish into the dishwasher.

Another song played, Enchanted by Taylor Swift, which was one of her favorites. Colby dried his hands, when there were still a few more dishes to do. Remi furrowed her brows as he extended his hand to her. What was he doing?

She took his hand without questioning it. Colby placed his other hand on her waist, their fingers intertwined.

"Never took you for a dancer, Colby Brock. You know, we stood in the back of the gym at prom the whole time," she said, the two of them stepping left and right, back and forth.

He shrugged, "I don't know what it feels like to dance to Taylor Swift, so," Colby grinned, raising Remi's arm and she twirled, "And that was junior prom, we danced at senior prom, Rems."

She chuckled, grinning from ear to ear.

Please don't be in love with someone else.
Please don't have somebody waiting on you.

Colby wet his lips as he smiled. His eyes moved from Remi's eyes to her lips, quickly making eye contact with her again. The song had faded out and now Remi was looking at his lips. They hadn't pulled apart yet.

Colby leaned in first, Remi started to as well. The door opened just as their lips were about to meet and they quickly snapped their heads in the direction of the door. They stepped back to the sink so they could finish dishes.

"Hey, Pais," Remington greeted when the brunette passed the kitchen. She looked up, a bit confused on why they were doing dishes together. She didn't question anything, but only smiled at the two of them.

"Hi, Rems. Colby," the girl went to her room.

Remington and Colby glanced at each other, suppressing laughs. Remi felt her cheeks heat up.

Her best friend almost kissed her.

AUTHOR SPEAKS !
dancing in the kitchen and an
almost kiss hmm