31. sticking it out with you

tw: sickness

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE ( 🧺 )narrative !

narrative !

REMI LEFT twenty minutes after Sam had texted her. She ran to the store, grabbing Gatorade and crackers in case Colby needed something. Now, she sat in her car outside their house.

She grabbed the bag from the seat beside her and she went up to the home. She knocked before letting herself in. Kat and Sam were sitting in the living room, watching something on Netflix.

"Hey, Rems, he's in his room," Sam said and the girl nodded.

"You two are feeling okay, right?" She questioned, staring at the couple on the couch. They both gave her a thumbs up and she left for Colby's room.

She let her knuckles hit the wooden door softly, trying not to wake him if he was asleep. Remington stepped inside, he was turning over in his bed, not asleep. His eyes fell on Remington as she closed the bedroom door and walked over to his bed.

"Why are you here, Rems?" He questioned quietly. He was tired and she could tell.

She sat on the edge of his bed, "Came to hang out with you. I brought you some stuff, Gatorade and saltines if you wanna eat something." She explained, slipping her shoes off.

He nodded and she pressed the back of her hand to his forehead, "You're burning up, Colby." She said before walking around to the other side of the bed. Colby turned as she was sitting down.

"What are you doing?" He asked, inching closer to her.

She shrugged, "Sticking it out with you." Remi smiled gently.

"I'm gonna get you sick," He said, but he wrapped his arms around her waist and let his head rest on her lap.

The woman started running her fingers through his hair, "Well then if I get sick, you better take care of me." She felt him nod, his eyes closed.

After only a few minutes passed before Colby had fallen asleep. Remi put her AirPods in, playing music as she continued reading her book on Kindle Unlimited, playing with Colby's hair.

She hadn't stopped thinking about their kiss from the night before. Maybe it was just an impulsive thing, she thought over and over. It didn't mean anything. But it did. It meant something to her. Though things like love scared her, she hoped it had meant something to him too.

Eventually, she put her phone down and just listened to music. Remi ended up falling asleep. Colby hadn't moved and together they just looked peaceful.

While they were asleep, Sam had walked in to check on Colby to find the two of them. He just smiled and walked back out.

Colby woke up first, looking up at the woman he was laying with. He pushed himself up, careful not to disturb her. He didn't feel as bad, his headache was gone and the body aches had faded. He checked his temperature again, no fever anymore. Perhaps it was just a quick stomach bug.

He glanced at Remi as her eyes fluttered open. He gave her a smile, "Hey." He said softly.

"Hi," she whispered, the corners of her lips turned up, "how are you feeling?" She questioned.

"Better than earlier. No more fever," he told her, laying his head on a pillow. She took the AirPods from her ears, putting them in the case, and setting them down. She faced the man next to her. He grabbed her hand, "Thank you."

"Anytime, Colby." She smiled gently as he squeezed her hand.

He just stared at her for a few moments, taking her in. She is perfect, he thought. Colby licked his lips, "This might be a bad time, but do you want to go out with me sometime soon?"

She looked amused, "Are you asking me on a date, Mr. Brock?" She asked jokingly.

"Why, yes, I am, Miss James," He nodded, running his thumbs over her knuckles.

"Yes, I would love to go on a date with you."

AUTHOR SPEAKS !
lowkey hate this tbh but i love them