Chaper One: Die in a Fire

The calmness of the night was interrupted by the sound of a fan rotating on the desk along with the ticking of the old wall clock every second. The place looked aged and worn down, the walls were stained green and the entire place was poorly lit by an old bulb.

   A man in his early thirties was in the room all by himself. He was restless as his heart pounded in his chest, praying that he'll survive another night at Fazbear's Fright.

   Signing on for the job was his biggest mistake, little did he know that every night he spent working the place has took a toll on him, he was slowly slipping into insanity.

   He was seeing and hearing things, at least that's what he thought. He wished it was just all in his head that an old and deteriorating Spring Bonnie animatronic had been terrorizing him for five nights, menacingly watching his every move with his glowing eyes and eerie grin.

   As the days progressed, it grew worse. The animatronic has been moving from place to place quicker every night trying to make its way to where he was.

   Last night was the scariest, it had reached to the point that it was peeking over the doorway and ready to strike. It was just because of his quick reaction that he made it through the night. He led it away from him by playing recorded sounds of children in the farthest room, distracting it.

   No one believed his claim of it being haunted, they just called him crazy.

   Was he?

   Then he finally decided to end it all, it was the last straw, he had enough. He stood up from his post and walked out of the office, going through an old corridor that led him to the supply closet.

   He reached out his trembling hand and felt the coldness of the knob. It made a creak as he twisted it. His imagination was playing with him, giving him horrible visions of children being brutally murdered by a man in a purple shirt. He tried shaking the thought away but he couldn't.

  Something's watching him.

   The hairs on his back stood on end and he definitely felt that it's around him hiding somewhere. He hurriedly opened the door and switched on the lights, inside were piles of old cleaning materials. He fumbled through them and found a large orange plastic container among them. It was the exact thing he was looking for: A jerry can.

  The sweat on his forehead dripped on the container as he pulled it out of the closet, inside he was crying, anytime he was about to lose his mind but it has to end.

   Right here, right now.

   His trembling hands twisted the cap and sniffed the content: gasoline.

   At first he was hesitant, but it was the only way to escape... by burning it down to the ground.

   He lifted the can and tipped it over spilling the flammable liquid on the floor. He was doing it quickly, drenching everything with gasoline along the way. Fear and anxiety took the best of him, that thing could be everywhere much to his dismay. He was sweating and shaking, afraid that it might come out and get him.

   He went to the office and drenched the place, even his own personal things to remove any traces of evidence.

   The man took one last glance at his post, "Good riddance." He said with a smile. He turned around only to come face-to-face with the thing he feared the most:

   Springtrap.

   His heart leapt to his throat, he had never seen the animatronic up close. He stared into its glowing eyes and it was staring back at him with anger and its wide grin sent shivers down his spine. He looked at the whole body of the towering monster, its used to be yellow skin had turned to green, various parts of his limbs were rusted away and what made it scarier is that there was blood dripping from the holes as if it was a person.

   He froze in fear even though his mind was telling him to run away. He just stood there, waiting for his doom as the animatronic's hand went to the man's throat and it wrapped its fingers around it. The man struggled as it raised him higher, he punched the hand but it was no use.

   He had almost forgotten the lighter in his hand. He sparked the fire and brought it between them, "I hope you die in the fire."

   He then threw it behind him and it landed on a pile of drenched posters and igniting it, setting the office ablaze.

   The animatronic threw the man through the glass window then went to where the fire was and attempted to put it out, but it only grew larger.

   The man pulled himself towards the exit as the fire grew larger, pain soaring in his right arm broken by the fall. He took a glance back to see the rabbit watching him, observing him like a curious child with its head tilted. Then he heard the animatronic's joints move.

   He kept crawling away while the monster moved closer to him. He felt the warmth of the fire as it burned everything in the office. And soon enough, it will consume the whole place.

   It got hold of his foot then pulled him back, he screamed as he was dragged back into the place where everything's burning.

   "NOOOOOO!" He clawed the floor, drawing blood from his fingernails trying to escape its grasp. He kicked the hand from his foot and he hurriedly stood up, running away from the place and through the corridors, trying to find the exit fast. He went around the corner and there a large red sign was hanging over the door:

EXIT

    Without any hesitation, he ran to the door, he was both afraid and happy that this will be over for him soon when suddenly a hand popped out from the vents and grabbed his knee, making him fall on the floor and break his leg.

   Springtrap emerged from the vent, severely burned by the fire with its raw endoskeleton underneath now exposed. It crawled on top of the guard, pinning him down and rendering him helpless. It reached for its head and grabbed its own face and slowly pulled off the bunny head and the slow pulling created a bone-chilling sound: like the sound of flesh being slowly torn off.

   The man watched in horror as the bunny head was completely removed the body of the animatronic, he let out a blood-curdling scream the moment he saw what was inside it...

   A rotting corpse.

   He couldn't do anything but yell for help. The glowing eyes of the animatronic belongs to the cadaver inside. It moved to stare back at him, the red light made by the fire made its appearance even more sinister. The dead person's mouth slowly curved into a smile, exposing the missing teeth.

   "NOOOOO!" His vision dimmed. All he saw next was bright light and figures of people looking over him, they were doing something with him. He only heard one phrase.

   "We need to bring him to the E.R.!"