Chapter Thirteen: Laid to Rest (Good Ending)

It was all over the news. It happened so fast, the police were stunned by the murder of five people within those six hours of terror. All of which were caused by only one killer that was also the responsible for the disappearance of five children thirty years ago back in the old Fredbear's Family Diner.

The authorities had the wrong guy convicted and the real criminal responsible had been hiding in plain sight after all... Until now.

The man was William Afton, one of the two owners of the Freddy Fazbear's Pizza franchise, who had also worked in the establishment since 1986. The same year the children went missing leaving only one survivor who had suffered amnesia. He reportedly killed five children and stuffed the bodies inside the animatronic suits thus further strengthening the claims of the parents that the suits smelling like rotten meat and oozing with mucus.

Then thirty years later, history repeated itself. He murdered five more people, two at the hospital, one at an apartment and two more at the old rundown Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria, but what dumbfounded and confused police is that survivors claim that he was no longer human but otherwise 'supernatural'.

Police decided to keep the other details a secret since they were deemed far too disturbing and filled with skepticism.

___________

The warm morning wind softly blew and the trees peacefully waved in rhythm as a group of people walked on a grassy lawn, making their way past tombstones to visit a newly-dug grave near the center of the lawn. The people surrounded the place where there was a newly-erected tombstone which bore the names of the children. They bowed their heads as the priest prayed over the grave.

Then a man who was covered in bandages and using crutches limped closer to the tombstone assisted by a woman leaned over to place his hand on the concrete block, in his arm was a box that was designed with cartoon images of Freddy Fazbear and friends.

The man's mouth was curved to a smile as small droplets of tears formed in the corner of his eyes. He was happy that he had saved them, freed them.

It was Nick.

Nick bowed his head while Jodi rested hers on his shoulder, both mourning the loss of his friends and happy for them that they were no longer imprisoned in the suits.

He took a deep breath and sighed, "So many dark memories, so many fears are now put to ease."

Little by little, the crowd dispersed until Nick and Jodi were left looking over the grave.

"Hey." Nick spoke up as a smile formed on his face.

"Hmm?" She replied, looking into his eyes and intertwining her fingers with his.

"Thank you, for everything." He smiled, "And I mean everything, for saving me and for sticking with me until the very end."

Jodi gently pecked his still-healing lips, "It's nothing." She giggled, "So what do we do now?" She held tightly on his arm.

Then he placed the box at the foot of the tombstone before lifting the lid and taking one last glance of what's inside, it was the plush versions of Freddy, Chica, Bonnie and Foxy he received thirty years ago on his birthday. It was his prized possession that he held near and dear, but he was ready to leave it all behind knowing that the past has been finally laid to rest.

"Time for a fresh start." He replied, smiling. They walked back to the car arm in arm, glad that the ordeal was over and looking forward to what the future has in store for them with their new lives.

The birds chirped and the grass rustled at the soft gust of wind, all was well, Nick can finally sleep peacefully knowing that Springtrap has been defeated and gone for good.

Then he thought to himself:

Nothing can hurt me anymore.