Chapter Seven: It's Been So Long

The rain endlessly poured on the road, creating large puddles as flashes of lightning and rumbles of thunder interrupted the calm downpour. It was past midnight, the lamp posts were the only sources of light, vaguely shining on the roads and the parked cars.

   Everyone was in their own homes, safe and sound asleep, waiting for the storm to pass and the morning calm.

   Then something stood out in the darkness, a tall dark figure drenched in water, limping on the wet pavement. It groaned everytime with its raspy, rugged and pained breaths.

   But it was neither a man nor anything living, it was a rusting animatronic, an aged and corroding rabbit with a permanent grin on its face, its outer layer of skin was yellowed by the time it spent being locked away. It wasn't of this world, but it was bound to roam it until it finishes what it had started... it's here to do the devil's work.

   It twitched as it walked through the rain, searching for the boy who escaped its evil clutches all those years ago. It was angry, angry that he had escaped again. Its anger fueled its rampage because it almost had him in the hospital.

   That little brat was not meant to survive.

   I waited thirty years.

   I've finally found you,

   It's time to die.

__________

   Nick stayed in the corner of the small storage room, mouth hanging open and tears running down his face, unable to accept the truth, the truth that had been hidden from him. He is the fifth child, the sole survivor, the reason why the souls had been reaching out to him ever since he began working at Fazbear's Fright.

   It was all part of the plan, he was meant to work there, to help them. The children had been in pain for so many years...

   Nick sat there motionless, staring in space for he did not know how to save them from the evil man's curse. He did not know where to start. It has been made clear that he could stop Springtrap, but how?

   Lots of thoughts clouded his mind: he was cursed since the beginning, since that fateful night in 1986 and that the past will always come back for him no matter how hard he tries to run away from it.

   Beside his feet was the flashlight he had been using, its light was still on, beamed at total darkness. Then suddenly, a faint groan came from the dark, making Nick jump. He picked up the flashlight and retreated back into the corner.

   The beam of light moved about as Nick scanned the place, illuminating various objects that were dusty and covered in cobwebs. The sounds grew louder as Nick's temples throbbed, along with a knot forming in his throat.

   There was dead silence, only echoes of his breathing and the pained groaning was heard. He tried brushing it away knowing that it could be one of the children that were watching him earlier.

   "Hey." A soft whisper came from his left, he turned to the source and the light shone on the corridor just outside the storage room, lighting an old yellow hand on the floor holding a microphone.

   Nick moved the flashlight upward, the hand was connected to an entire animatronic: it was a yellow bear with a top hat, sitting on the floor and head tilted to one side. Its mouth was hanging open showing its lower set of plastic teeth, its eyes were black with only white dots were in place for its pupils.

   It was a golden Freddy.

   The pupils moved towards his direction until it made eye contact with the man.