Chapter Eleven: No Escape

He ventured to the backstage, moving his flashlight around and seeing what's left of the pizzeria. The place was crumbling, the posters were torn away, the walls were stained, the roof was riddled with holes, the floor was damp and the smell of decaying wood was up and about.

   At first he was hesitant to split up from Jodi, but he knew that at any given time Springtrap will be arriving, they need to find the puppet fast. He did not know how the puppet can help them but he felt it that she could, given that she was the one who gave new life to his friends.

   The shattered tiles crackled the moment he set foot on them, making his way deeper into the darkness until it was only his flashlight was the source of light. He then found a shelf with a lot of stuff toys and Fazbear merchandise on it, all of them were in either eaten away by rats or covered in cobwebs and dust.

   The plywood on the shelf's backside was partially destroyed, most likely because of the pests. Upon closer inspection, he noticed through the holes that the wall behind the shelf did not match the color of the entire wall which was grey... it was brown.

   He hurriedly pushed the shelf to the side, sending the items on it falling down on the ground as he continued to wobble it out of the way. He pushed further until he was able to see what was behind it: a small brown door with a large rusty padlock that sealed it shut.

   He looked around and saw a rebar that was from one of the crumbling pillars, one end still had a large chunk of concrete on it. He picked it up and swung it at the padlock, with its rust making it easy to break it open. Nick then used the bar as a battering ram and shoved the door inside, it fell on the ground creating a loud thud that echoed inside. As soon as the room was opened, a foul smell of rotting meat filled his nostrils.

   Then a sound of footsteps came from his left, making him turn that way. He saw a tall Fredbear animatronic running towards him with a slice of chocolate cake in his hand. And behind the bear was a little boy chasing him, he had a smile on his face while keeping his eyes on the cake.

   Nick rubbed his eyes and realized it was another one of his visions. Fredbear kept running towards him, going through his body as if he wasn't there before dashing in the room and disappearing into the dark. The little boy also did the same and followed the animatronic.

   Without any hesitation, Nick covered his nose with his shirt then went inside, his mind racing while he searched. He reached out his shaky hand and flipped the light switch beside him. One lightbulb flickered on, what he saw made his heart leap and the hairs on his back stand on end.

   There were dried bloodstains on the floor, it was covering nearly half of the entire room.

   "This is where it happened." He whispered to himself before noticing a headless yellow animatronic bear lying facedown on the floor. Its joints were stained with blood and it was rusting on the inside.

   It was supposed to be his.

    Nick remembered that fateful night he had cheated death, breaking out of the claustrophobic shell and barely making it out alive.

   He explored the room and tried finding a secret panel at where the killer hid the puppet, he knocked on the surface, but it was all concrete, not a single hollow wall was there.

   He went back outside and went into the hallway where he previously saw the bear and the child ran, looking at the walls as he ran towards the end but unfortunately, there was still not a hidden pocket. The corridor turned left and he ended up back in the main dining area in a passageway beside Pirate's Cove. He turned right and went into another hallway, going through the old disused kitchen and ending up near the surveillance office of the place.