Chapter Five: It's Me

"Hey my little man." A soft female voice whispered, "Open your eyes." The young kid opened his eyes, he was surrounded by children wearing colorful party hats and sitting on small chairs beside a long plastic table. On top of it was a large round cake decorated with frosting and sprinkles, and five candles in the center.

   "Happy Birthday!" They cheered and began singing. Happiness emanated in the air as they did and the kid was smiling the entire time. He looked around the place and everyone, even the restaurant's workers were looking at him with their faces filled with joy.

   Nick stood there amongst the cheering crowd, watching the child's birthday unfold. He was cheering as well while walking closer to the boy and observed him, brown eyes, puffy cheeks and short brunette hair. No one seemed to notice his movement so he resumed anyways, carefully looking at each of the other children's faces.

   Then one worker from the boy's side took a step closer and placed an arm around him, "Now blow out your candles and make a wish!" He said.

   The boy closed his eyes, "I wish Freddy Fazbear was here!" He said aloud before blowing out the flames of his candle. It was then followed by the cheers of his friends and a familiar tune that they had been waiting for...

   The Toreador March.

   The crowd gasped as the song played, their favorite bear was coming up. It was the opposite for Nick, the tune sent chills down his spine instead. He recalled those horrible nights at his job that hearing that song would signify that an animatronic was nearby and ready to strike.

    The children clapped.

   "Everyone close your eyes." He heard the host say, "Freddy's still finding his top hat."

   The kids giggled, they saw the adults placing their hands on their eyes and they did the same. The birthday boy was the most excited one, trembling with joy as he covered his face with his hands.

   However, Nick kept his eyes open.

   The song grew louder and it became more playful. The kid was at the happiest day of his life, he got his wish.

   "Count to three." The host said. "One..."

   "...Two..." The crowd joined in.

   "Three! Give it up for Foxy, Chica, Bonnie and the main bear himself: Freddy Fazbear!"

   The kid's eyes shot open, there they were standing beside him, all fuzzy and cuddly. The four animatronics surrounded the boy, Foxy was dancing and waving his hook around. Chica was shaking her waist while holding a plate of cupcake with eyes on one hand. Bonnie was strumming a red little guitar and swayed in rhythm. Then the boy felt a large hand pat his head, it was furry and soft, he glanced up and saw a towering brown bear with blue eyes and to hat looking at him.

   "Happy Birthday!" A playful voice came from Freddy's speaker inside his mouth, "What's your name?" The animatronic brought a microphone to the kid's mouth.

   The boy was at a loss of words, he was overshadowed with joy to reply. But he willed himself to respond, "Eddie."

   "Eddie," Nick thought to himself, "Sounds familiar." He racked his brain for the name but none surfaced, but upon looking in the boy's eyes he knew he had seen him somewhere.

   "Eddie! Great name!" Chica spoke up and took a step closer. "Here's another cake! It's a gift from us." She placed the cupcake with eyes in front of Eddie which turned out to be a real cake.

   "Welcome to Fredbear's Diner, where everyone is always happy!" Bonnie added.

   "Now how's about you join me and become a pirate?" Foxy said, lifting up his fake eyepatch.