Invasion of the Champs: Reunion

Authors note: this is a short chapter because it's the reunion and honestly I don't care much for writing an in-depth reunion cause it's not really necessary.

Everyone was walking out onto stage and Dani could be seen with her hand being tightly held by Johnny

Everyone was walking out onto stage and Dani could be seen with her hand being tightly held by Johnny. They all began to take their seats and she sat close to Johnny as he had wrapped his arm around her shoulder. The reunion was being hosted by Mike "the miz". They had a look back of what the finalist had gone through during the finals. Dani couldn't help but smile looking back at it.

The Miz: *turning towards Dani* how do you feel winning $100,000? What did you spend it on?
Dani: winning was the best feeling in the world. I get why people keep going back for more because I won and now I want to go back and compete and win again.

They had seen a throwback of mike competing because of the similarities to the puzzles from his day and this final. They then watched the part where the champs first walked into the game.

The Miz: Dani how did you feel watching the champions walk out?
Dani: well I mean we can see how them walking into the show ended up *grabbing a hold of Johnny's jaw and smiling at him* but I mean I was kind of expecting it because TJ likes throwing crazy surprises at every turn.
The Miz: did you respect any of the champs that walked in?
Dani: I did. I actually respected all of them because they all had certain aspects to their game and name that were very impressive. I like to watch the competition and figure out strength and weaknesses in order for me to know what I need to do in order to beat them at their own game.

The reunion ended up taking a turn to talk about the relationship between Laurel and Nicole and how it started out. Which ended up with Cara and Laurel kind of arguing about feelings being hurt and not talking to each other.
Dani: *whispering to Johnny* I thought this was supposed to be a sweet segment.
Johnny: *whispering back to her* yes but this is also entertaining.

They then move on to talk about all of the other relationships. Which brought up the Jenna and Bruno rumor. Jenna reveals that her and Zach are not together but she can't seem to really let him go because he is that ex that she will always have feelings for. Then they talked about most of Cory's relationships in the show.

Amanda and Camila started fighting which Dani didn't understand why that even started but whatever.

The Miz: while we are on the topic of relationships. Let's talk about another couple that ended up working out in the show. Take a look at these moments between Johnny and Dani.

They start showing clips of their relationships and Dani had his her face in Johnny's neck to hide her blush watching them flirt and kiss on screen.

The Miz: we can all see that you guys are still close. What exactly happened and when did this start?
Dani: well what you don't see because they didn't show it but Johnny and I made it official with each other like a couple weeks into the competition. And yes it may seem crazy because we had not known each other for so long but living in that house seeing each other everyday and talking day in and day out. I was drawn to him from the start and I guess he was too which is why you can see both of us flirting with each other.
Johnny: to add on to what she said. I walk into the competition with all these other champs and obviously I started looking at everyone there to size them up. I saw her and I thought she was a good looking girl so ima keep my eye on her. Then watching her compete against our girls and seeing her score two of the three goals in that first game, it made me think this is my type of girl. Then we ended up living in the same room and we just kept flirting and I just knew that I couldn't let her go. Still can't.
The Miz: so what happened once she came home?
Johnny: I picked her up from the airport gave her a big kiss and for a couple of days we stayed at her apartment in our own little bubble. We figured this was going to be long term and we've been doing pretty good for the past couple of months. I've met her family and she has met mine.
The Miz: do you guys plan on continuing to compete in challenges or is this it?
Dani: I know I don't want it to be a one and done. So I think I'm going to keep competing in as many as I can.
Johnny: I agree I want to keep competing for as long as I can and I think I would want to win one last time before I leave the game.
They ended the show ended the show with a small reward show and Johnny got a trophy for basically making fun of people. Dani leaned over to place a kiss on his lips to congratulate him on his win. Pulling away with a small chuckle as the season finally wrapped up. She couldn't wait to see what her future held.