Chapter 36 - Confrontation

Janet
"He showed up where?" My mother asked angrily over the phone.

"At my label meeting. How did he even know about it?"

"I don't know, sweetie. Want me to send Mike?"

"Yes, please. All of them. I can't handle this myself, mommy. I just can't."

"I know baby. They're already calling to get the jet ready. We'll be there by tonight or early morning."

"Thank you. I love you."

"I love you too, sweetie." I hung up and sat my phone on the floor. We were back to the hotel. I just sat on the floor because that's where my body fell.

"Babygirl."

"I told you. I told you. Nothing lasts for me. They always find me." I cried.

"I'm here for you. I won't let them hurt you." She wrapped her arms around me.

"It just isn't fair." My breathing started to pick up again.

"Baby, try and stay calm. You don't want to put the babies in distress." I immediately tried to calm my breathing. I wasn't going to endanger my babies.
"Good."

"I just can't stand him. He's horrible and an abuser."

"I know. You want me to kill him?"

"Sure." She was taken back.

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah. I want him dead. I want them all dead. They don't deserve life anymore."

"How do suppose that gets done?"

"Toni, I'm not dumb, okay. I'm a rich woman with connections. I know about all of your highschool stuff."

"You do?"

"I've been through several abusive relationships, do you think I would get involved with someone and not do a background check?" She laughed.

"Okay, fair."

"Exactly. So if you're going to make a suggestion please deliver on it."

"Janet, I can't kill your father."

"Why not?!" I whined.

"Because, you have some unresolved issues. You have to talk to him and let it out. Now, if you were to talk with him and he still is being an asshole, then I'll kill him in any way you like. Okay?"

"That's all I ask."

"Good. Now come on, so I can make you feel better." She lifted me off the floor and led me to the bed. "Lay down." I laid on the bed.

"What are you about to do?" She came close to my face.

"Just relax."

———————————————————————

Knock! Knock! Toni moved against my breast with her hand on my stomach. I rubbed her head. Knock! Knock! I went to get up but Toni pushed me back down. "Baby, I have to answer the door. Move over for me." She groaned but moved so I could get up.
Putting on my robe, I went to the door. Looking through the peephole, I saw it was my mother and siblings. I opened it. "Hey guys." Randy came and hugged me followed by the rest of my brothers.

"We heard, Janet. We're not going to let him hurt you again." They put me down.

"Thanks guys. Come in." They all came in with their bags. I closed the door. "You guys didn't get your own rooms?"

"Hell no. We're not leaving you alone with him around. We know what he's capable of." said Toya.

"Babe, what's.....hey the gang is here." Toni dapper up my brothers and hugged my mother and sisters. "I ain't know all y'all was coming but I expect nothing less."