Prologue

Isaiah

A knock from my dorm door has me perking up. I set my phone down as I get up from my bed. Walking over to the door, I unlock it and swing it open to reveal my girlfriend, Seraya. She's wearing a black Morehouse Basketball hoodie, that she stole from me, black mid thigh shorts, and some matching slides with a gold anklet around her left ankle.

"Hey baby!" She greets cheerfully, throwing her arms up for a hug.

I pick her up, allowing her arms to wrap around my neck. "Wassup girl," I greet back with a smile. Holding Seraya against me with one hand, I use the free hand to shut the door back. Afterwards, I peck her lips as I walk over to my bed.

"How was your day?" I ask, sitting down on my bed with her on my lap.

"It was good, although..." She reverts her eyes with a naughty grin on her face.

"Although?" I question, raising my eyebrow..

"I couldn't focus at practice today." Seraya admits.

Oh, I forgot to introduce ourselves. My name is Isaiah Walker. I'm 19 years old and I'm from Atlanta, Georgia, born and raised. I'm currently attending Morehouse under a basketball scholarship. Meanwhile, Seraya Rain, my girlfriend attends Spelman and she is apart of the majorette team.

"What was on your mind, baby?" I ask while kissing down her neck.

She tilts her head back in pleasure. "A threesome." Seraya admits causally.

I pause, giving it some thought. I've never thought about threesomes because Seraya is the only girl that attracts me. Hell, I didn't think she was the type of a girl to share.

"Okay...with who?" I look at her curiously.

"Lashawn." She also admits too casually.

I blink. Lashawn Pierce is a whole nigga. Not only that, he is my best friend and my teammate. Who the fuck do I look like letting my homeboy smash my girl?

Seraya stares at me hopefully. I stare back at her blankly. A couple of seconds go by before I reply with, "Get off me, bro."

"What's wrong?" Seraya questions as she gets off.

"This ain't no random nigga we meeting at a party and ghosting afterwards. I got classes with Shawn! I gotta see this nigga at practice!" I stress.

"See, why are you thinking so negatively? This can be so fun for you! Besides, Shawn not even the type of nigga to act funny after a one night stand. He'll act like nun even happened and that's why he's the perfect person for this."Seraya explains.

And that's my main problem, Lashawn's nonchalance. While he's the type of nigga to go on about his business after something wild like that, I'm the type of nigga who will overthink and avoid any interactions involving the other party. I'm worried that I'll be the one to fuck up our friendship.

I let out a sigh before saying, "I'll talk to him about it at practice tomorrow."

Seraya lights up instantly. She jumps and claps her hands excitedly. Afterwards, she leans in to peck me on the lips. "Thanks baby, you're the best."

I fake a smile. Meanwhile, I'm mentally convincing myself that there is nothing to worry about. Lashawn would never have a threesome, involving his best friend and his girlfriend. He's gonna decline the offer and everything's gonna be a-okay.

< Time Skip >

The next day at practice, I stand from a distance with my eyes on Lashawn. I guess I can't be too surprised that Seraya would want to have a threesome with him, I mean look at him. Lashawn is a 6'4 brown skinned nigga with a head of loose curls. He got a full sleeve running down his left arm and his Brooklyn accent is fye too.

I find myself getting irritated all over again when I realize she's been checking him out for a while now to have immediately picked him for a threesome. I've caught the signs myself, but didn't think too much of them at first. So when we used to be at parties or when she used to attend our practices, I wasn't tripping when I thought she was staring at Lashawn a lil bit too hard.

"Ayo Zay, you just gonna stand there all day or you finna come practice?"

Speaking of the devil, I blink to see Lashawn's head turned towards me with a basketball in his hand. "My bad!" I yell while jogging over to him.

What am I doing? This nigga done caught me in La-La land. I need to hurry up and ask him so we can both go on about our lives.

Lashawn passes the ball to me with curiosity in his eyes. "What's got you all unfocused?" He questions.

"Seraya and her ideas." I reply with an awkward laugh as I shoot the ball. I watch it go in before replying, "You know the girl is crazy."

He chuckles as he passes me another one, "What she do now?"

"It's more like what she asked me to ask you is the most absurd shit ever." I said, shooting the ball again. Nothing but net.

"Ight, lemme hear it." Lashawn says while passing another ball.

I catch it with one hand, while scratching the back of my neck with another. Shaking my head, I assure myself that there is nothing to worry about. We both finna get a huge laugh outta this one.

"She wants to have a threesome with me and you." I reveal with a laugh, "Ain't that crazy?"

As I jump back and release the ball, Lashawn gone say, "Ight when?"

It's like a record has stopped playing. I land on my feet and ignore my own airball to look at Lashawn crazy. "Nigga what?!"

"When do y'all wanna do this?" He reiterates calmly as he spins a basketball on his fingertip.

"Yeen actually supposed to agree to it!" I whisper-shout.

"Well, when have I ever been the type to turn down a good time?" He winks at me, "Just let me know when y'all available and slide through."

Lashawn goes back to shooting while I'm still standing there and gawking at him. How I had this played out in my head was completely different from how this turned out in reality.

It's safe to say that my shooting was fucked up for the remainder of practice. How could I concentrate after that talk with Shawn? Literally all I could think about was Shawn pleasing my girl and me having to sit there and watch. Then after he puts the moves on her, she ain't gone want nothing to do with me, I just know it.

Oh God, I cannot believe this is my life.