3

Lunch time swings around. Lashawn and I meet up with Gian and Zachariah, our teammates, in the parking lot. We always leave campus to get food and can you blame us? When you're in high school, you don't got much of a choice, but in college, you gotta do better. Especially when you're an athlete.

As we approach, I slip my hand between the opening of my backpack to clutch my back. I look between the two before asking, "Do any of y'all got some Tylenol or ibuprofen I can take?"

"Damn nigga, what happened to you?" Zach questions.

I catch the corners of Lashawn's lips twitch before he manages to school his expression.

"Just the after effects of last night's game." I lie, "My whole lower body going thru it."

"That boy balled out!" Zach hypes me up.

"A lil bit too hard," Gian laughs while fetching a bottle of pills from the side of his backpack.

He hands it to me and I thank him. I open the bottle and pour two pills into my hand. I down them without any water, that's how I bad want this pain to stop. Then, I twist the top back on before handing it back to Gian.

Gian gives me a concerned look as he takes the bottle back. Lashawn visibly cringes. Zachariah gives me a proud look. "Twin got that dawg in em!" He exclaims.

"Bro shut up and let's go already," Lashawn says, pulling up to the backseat door of Zach's car, "I want Chick-fil-a."

"My biggest hater." I whisper not so discreetly to Zach.

"I'm saying." He shakes his head.

We hop in Zachariah's car. He turns it on. Shortly after, he backs out of his spot and then reverses. Zachariah exits Morehouse grounds and approaches the light. Meanwhile, Gian plugs up his phone to the aux. He lets his playlist shuffle and the first song we hear is "Pushin P".

"Pointers in the Patek and my piece, I'm pushin' P." Gunna raps.

"Copped new hammers for my P, we don't want no peace." Future follows up.

"Got a spot across the spot, just for Ps."

"Dropped the dot and then we plottin', exotic Ps."

"She not a lesbian, for P, she turn pesbian." I rap along, "Pushin' P, I'm pushin' P."

"Off Capital P, I rock these presidents, count these presidents. " Gian jumps in, "Pushin' P."

"Portuguese on her knees, moppin' down a P." Zach comes in after.

Lashawn just bumps his head along, not knowing the lyrics. I shake my head and continue the next line. We rap back and forth until the song ends. The next song to play is The "Grinch".

I don't know what Gian has against 3 minute plus songs, but for some reason, he just loves songs that don't last long. By the time we pull into the Chick-fil- parking lot, we've been through like 5 songs. Me personally, I fuck with songs that I never want to end, so I make sure the time duration matches that.

Zach parks his car next to a tree for some shade. When the keys come out, we get out of the car and shut the doors back. We walk across the lot to approach the doors of Chick-fil-a. Lashawn holds the door open for us to enter. Zach goes in first, Gian is next, and when it's my turn to go in-

This nigga Lashawn slaps my ass. I quite literally felt my ass jiggle from the hit, making Lashawn utter "damn". I whip around ready to fight and he puts his hands up hurriedly. At the same time though, he got a grin on his face. "My bad, I just couldn't resist."

See, the thing about Lashawn is, I can't say this behavior is new. He's done things like this before, such as full on grab my bare pec in the locker room, inspect my behind with an audience around, and lick his lips while talking to me. Before, I thought nothing of it because Lashawn is hardly ever serious.