17

By the time lunch comes around, I feel like L the way I got my eyes open for any sign that Gian is into Zach and vice versa. When Lashawn and I approach Gian, I dap Gian up and when I move away to let Lashawn dap him up as well, I'm hitting Gian with the side-eye. I have to observe how he interacts with Lashawn and I, and then look for any differences with how he interacts with Zachariah.

"Yo have y'all seen Josh?" Gian asks.

"Well, we do share a class with the nigga." Lashawn replies.

"Nigga got the shit beat out of him!" Gian exclaims, "He all lumped up and bruised like that one episode from Martin."

I burst out laughing at the comparison.

"I'm so serious. I was like 'Damn nigga, who else did you piss off?'" He continues.

I turn to look knowingly at Lashawn. "Yea Lashawn, who else did Josh did piss off?" I rhetorically ask.

Gian gasps, "Shawn? You did that?!"

"Sure did." Lashawn replies.

"After I told him not to," I scold, "What happens if  Josh goes and snitches to Coach?

"He's not because he doesn't wanna get his ass whooped again in amidst of healing from the first one." He points out.

"Ass whoopings?" Zach finally walks up to us, slinging an arm around Gian's neck immediately, "What did I miss?"

I notice that, but I push it to the side to continue our conversation. "Remember how Shawn dipped from practice hella early and Josh left shortly after him?"

Zach nods before his eyes dart over to Lashawn.

"I was really in the lot waiting for him to come out. Once he came out and got in his car, I followed him all the way to his house. He had got out thinking some random followed him, but it was me. We got to fighting but it wasn't really much of a fight by the looks of how unscathed my face is and how bruised his is." Lashawn explains.

Gian turns to Zach, "And the nigga is bruised up forreal."

"Damn, can't say the nigga ain't deserve it tho." Zach shrugs, "Sucks to suck."

"He did, but still..." I turn to Lashawn, staring up at him softly, "I don't want you getting kicked off the team over me. Just like how my feelings are important to you, your future is important to me and I'd hate to see you losing out on opportunities because you can't control your emotions."

Lashawn stares back at me just as softly. I can see my words sink in before he nods and lets out a small, "Okay."

"Oh my God." Zach sucks his teeth.

We turn to look at Zach, who just threw his arms up and Gian is laughing at his reaction.

"Isaiah making Lashawn become so damn soft."

"As if he wasn't before?" Gian questions with a raised brow.

"Suck my dick, Gian." Lashawn gives him the finger.

I look up at him, pretending to be offended. "Wow, Shawn. Was my performance from yesterday not enough?"

Lashawn raises his brows with a smirk, not expecting me to be so open. Gian takes off screaming and running, bringing attention to us from other students. Lastly, Zach covers his ears  and sings gibberish to act as if he ain't heard what he just heard.

"I-I...fuck it. Let's hurry up and eat before lunch ends, you fruit ninjas." Zach says with a shake of his head.

We laugh at his exasperation as we walk up to the car. That's when Gian comes back into sight, trying to collect his breath. Once his breathing is under control, he finally asks, "Whatever happened to shame?"