6

Isaiah

Once practice ends, I head back to the locker room and retrieve my phone from my locker. I start a FaceTime call with Seraya. On the third ring, she picks up.

"Hey baby." She smiles.

"Hey beautiful," I greet back, "Whatcha up to?"

Seraya adjusts her phone so I can get a full body view of her. She is wearing her work uniform. "As you can see, I'm finna go to work."

"Damn girl, you stay working." I reply.

"And do! It costs to look like this!" Seraya exclaims, doing the periodt hand motion.

"I see that." I laugh, "When's the next time you off though?"

"Tomorrow. Why? What you tryna do?" She stares suggestively at me.

"Horny ass," I joke, "I wanna take you out on a date."

"Oooooh," Seraya smirks, "It's been a while since we've been on one of those."

"Yea sorry bout dat. Between your schedule and mine, we just don't be having time like we used to." I apologize.

"No you good, baby." She assures me, "I'm looking forward to tomorrow."

"Me too. I'm finna let you head-"

I'm interrupted by Gian slinging his arm around my neck and shoving his face into the camera. "Yo yo yo!" He exclaims.

"Aye!" Seraya perks up, "Wassup Gian!"

"Nun much, just balling on these niggas. You heard what Roddy said!" Gian replies.

I shake my head at his corny ass while Seraya hypes him up by saying, "I know dats right!" As they have their own conversation, I tune them out to think about what the fuck I'm doing. Seraya is bad as fuck and her vibe is unmatched. It's always hard to find a girl that can vibe with not one, but all of your friends like this.

So why? Why am I cheating on her? Dick can't be that good to the point where I'm willing up to give up what I have for it, right?

"Earth to Zay." Seraya's voice pulls me back to reality.

"My fault." I said, "Just tired."

"Felt that too hard." She nods emphatically, "Well, I gotta go. You need to go home and get some rest. It was nice speaking to you, Gian."

"And vice versa, Raya." He grins.

"Bye bae." Seraya blows a kiss.

"Bye baby." I tell her before hanging up.

"Ah," Gian pats my shoulder as he stands up, "You gotta marry that girl, bro."

I chuckle before looking down at my phone. My eyes stare fondly at her contact picture. Her picture is a shot I took of her while she was in the middle of devouring a big ass burger. Somehow, she still looked gorgeous while doing it.

With his words in mind, I realize what I need to do.

Once I change back into my regular clothes, I grab my backpack and my car keys. I tell everyone I'm finna head out. After issuing multiple goodbyes, I leave knowing that Shawn will follow after me.

As I approach my car, I unlock the doors. Next, I open the driver's door. Then, I hear a deep voice call my name. I perk up to see Lashawn walking up in a white tee, black Adidas joggers, yellow crocs with charms on em, and a gold chain swinging from his neck.

This might be harder than I thought...

"Wassup?" I question.

He rounds the car. Now standing in front of me, Lashawn grabs the tip of the door with one hand and holds my back with the other. I gasp when he pulls me forward to close the door, backs me against it, and invades my personal space.