22 (Final)

A/N: The final but not really final chapter, since there's an epilogue.

After three weeks that seem to drag on for forever, the night of Halloween finally arrives. The plan is for everyone to arrive at Lashawn's house and then we go to the party from there. Depending on how high or drunk we'll be at the end of the night, Lashawn's shift as babysitter won't end until morning, which he isn't too happy about.

Currently, he is expressing his disapproval during our shower. He wraps his arms around my waist, keeping our wet bodies close. Lashawn frowns at me as I scrub his scalp clean with shampoo.

"Why it gotta be my crib? Zach got his own spot." He points out.

"Well, you gotta house and Zach got an apartment. We're already a rowdy bunch while sober, so we'd be a nightmare under the influence for his neighbors. We're less likely an inconvenience if we stay at your spot for the night." I explain.

Lashawn rolls his eyes in annoyance, but he knows that I'm right though.

"Man, them niggas just gone have to figure it out in the living room." He grumbles, "You the only one that I'll share my bed with."

"Oooh, I'm a lucky man." I smirk, while grabbing the detachable shower head, "Now close your eyes."

He does as he's told. I run the water over his hairline first before gradually moving backwards. I absentmindedly watch his face. From his long lashes to his plump and moisturized lips to his sharp jawline, he is handsome. I can see the fan edits on TikTok from now when he makes it to the NBA.

About 30 minutes later - because surely our shower didn't include making out and giving each other hand rubs - we're out of the bathroom. We take a minute to moisturize because we would hate to be caught ashy by one of them flash-using cameramen that wanna record everything. Afterwards, we're applying deodorant under our arms. Then, it's onto putting on our costumes.

For the finishing touch, I put on a hot pink headband. Suddenly, I jump when the sound of a blow dryer cuts on. I look over to see Lashawn in front of the mirror, diffusing his curls with a very focused look. I snort before moving to sit down on his bed, waiting for him to get done.

When my phone suddenly vibrates next to me, I pick it up. I check my notifications and find that Seraya just sent the "here" message. I get up from the bed. After letting my boyfriend know who's here, I walk out of Shawn's bedroom, stroll down the hall, and approach the door.

Unlocking it, I swing the door open to reveal Seraya as Harley Quinn and Natasha as Catwoman. Natasha embodies Catwoman fully from the mask, to the latex bodysuit, down to the whip. Although Natasha understood the assignment, Seraya went for extra credit. She made it her own with the leotard, fishnets, and the thigh high boots, and yet still channeled Harley. I honestly feel bad for whoever else is going as Harley Quinn tonight.

"Y'all so damn bad." The words come out before I can stop em'.

"Thank you-" Natasha starts.

"We know." Seraya cuts her off with a smug look directed at me before pushing past me to enter Lashawn's house.

My jaw drops. I look over at Natasha and ask, "This the company you keep?"

"There's no one else to keep me company, I fear." She shrugs as she enters.

As I close the door, Seraya plops down on the couch and responds with, "Oh don't be like that. You know you love me."

"Mhmm." Natasha mumbles before sitting next to her, "Anyways where's Zach?"

"I don't know, lemme see." I reply, picking up my phone.

I tap the screen, checking to see if I got a message from Zachariah or Gian. I did receive one from Zach that said, "Just got Gian, otw now." I reply back with a simple, "Okay."