14

Isaiah

Me: We need to talk.

After mustering up the courage, I finally send the text. A big breath that I didn't know I was holding in, escapes me. At the same time, my heart races with anxiety while I wait for her response.

Shortly after, I see a typing bubble pop up. Then, a message appears.

Seraya: We sure tf do. Come over asap!

I don't need to be told twice. I put my phone away and take my car out of park. Pulling out of my spot, I reverse and head towards the exit. Once I leave the gym's lot, I drive down the road until I approach the light.

It turns to green. I drive straight, entering Spelman's campus. Then, I drive toward Seraya's dormitory. Turning into the lot, I immediately head towards the back entrance. When I reach it, I park near the curb, turn my car off, grab my keys and my phone, and then I hop out.

Going through the back door, I jog up the stairs. I reach the second floor. Seraya's dorm is at the end of the hall, located by the stairs, so I've reached my destination. Letting out a sigh, I knock on her door.

"Coming!" Seraya calls out.

Footsteps grow closer and closer. Soon, the door swings open to reveal Seraya. She's bare-faced with her hair brushed back into a high ponytail. She is wearing a black pullover hoodie, white booty shorts, and black socks. Seraya stares at me blankly before stepping aside to let me in.

I walk inside. The door closes behind me. I watch Seraya walk past me and plop down on her bed. Then, she looks up at me.

"What are you waiting for?" She questions, "Sit down already."

I raise a brow at her. In response, Seraya pats the spot next to her. I hesitate before sitting down.

Honestly, her calmness is scaring me. I was prepared for the aggression she showed me in her text, not this. I don't know what to expect now.

Once again, I muster up some courage to look at her.

"A-A.." I stutter before clearing my throat, "A lot has happened over the last 5 days. Tried talking to a teammate which didn't last long because he was on some weird shit. Lashawn and I got into it worse than we ever have before, but we pushed past it. In conclusion, you were the furthest person from my mind. This is all to say, that I'm gay, Seraya."

I watch her close her eyes and cross her arms. I continue, "I'm sorry, from the bottom of my heart, for wasting a year and a half of your time. I didn't mean for this to happen, but it just did-"

At that moment, Seraya opens her eyes and looks straight into mine. "It didn't just happen, Zay." She sighs, "As much as I would like to sit here and act like I didn't see this coming, I can't."

"I'm the one that brought Lashawn into our sex life because I was greedy. Although the sex between us was good, I was unsatisfied because to me, it was missing a rough edge. So, I was eyeing Lashawn. I've always been attracted to his calm and mysterious demeanor and I just had a feeling that he would be a beast in the bedroom. I brought you out your comfort zone, pressured you into a threesome, just for Lashawn to be focused on you. That's my karma." She admits.

"Hey, don't talk like that." I frown, "Maybe you shouldn't have pressured me into a threesome, but you're not a villain for liking what you like. Even without Lashawn in the equation, I wasn't gonna be able to give you what you wanted, Seraya. The aggressive type in the bedroom, is just not the kind of lover I am. If I didn't cheat first, you probably would've if the opportunity presented itself."

Seraya nods, "You're right. This breakup was inevitable, huh?"

The calm facade is no longer there. She is looking at me with a sad smile. I let out a sad chuckle and respond, "Sure was."