하나 :: chapter I

"Why are you following me?!" Jeongguk huffed in disbelief as he fastened his pace. But that didn't help when Taehyung draped his arm around his shoulder and slightly leaned to his side.

Fuck, he was heavy.

Jeongguk groaned. His decision of ever wandering around the off city, firstly hoping to get away from the elder, and secondly somewhat excited to try things he could do without anyone's interruption, with absolutely needing no company, sure it didn't go accordingly as he had planned earlier.

"Can you..just stay away?" He tried flailing out of Taehyung's grasp but it was of no use when the male--not even kidding--put his entire weight weighing like a fucking hippo over his lean figure.

And Jeongguk couldn't be more agitated than before, "Fuck, what are you? A dinosaur? Why are you so heavy?"

Taehyung grinned, "Don't leave me alone, ggukie. The universe must've thought of something when it chose us against all those billions of people to be left here together all alone."

Jeongguk knew the elder was trying to annoy him, not like he wasn't already, he snarled, "That's plain bullshit."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night. Anyways, where are you going? Can I tag along?" Taehyung still had that annoying boxy grin which Jeongguk somehow wanted to slap off so hard from his face.

"Aren't you already doing that?" He asked lazily.

"So you do want me to come with you, huh?" The other teased.

Jeongguk scoffed, "That's delusional of you, considering you'd follow me anyway even if I tell you not to."

Taehyung nodded, grin doubling in size, "Point."

And then suddenly, Jeongguk's stomach made a weird noise. It was alright, he guessed since it came under all those human tendencies to do most of the things which make people let out a small ew, apparently as if they never fart, or burp or pretend to hide every fucking little thing which comes out of their body, unannounced.

But when Taehyung looked at his stomach as if it had grown two pairs of hands, he felt embarrassed.

"I don't know about me being a dinosaur, but your stomach is surely making all those dinosaur noises. Let's eat!" Taehyung clapped his hands like a retarded seal.

Cool, Jeongguk. It's cool.

He sincerely wanted to bang his head on the nearby wall because it really was embarrassing. Not because his stomach growled, but it practically growled in front of the person he hated with all his might.

In the next second, Jeongguk felt someone pulling him by his wrist towards the local convenience store they were a block away from.

And in that minor, just minor second, typically one which people often never really notice when it ticks away, he wondered why he felt a sudden spark, igniting like fire when Taehyung let go of his wrist, unaware of the fact that his wavering touch still lingered somewhere around those infinite cells that Jeongguk for once felt the need to caress the exact same spot where Taehyung had his fingers wrapped around.

Jeongguk shrugged nonetheless. It could be the remaining alcohol that might be degrading his burning system now, he thought.

"Let's meet up at the counter in five. The whole world is ours, I guess looting a store wouldn't cause us much harm."

This was what Taehyung had said and before Jeongguk could even reciprocate his words, he had left to wander inside the crowd-less, maybe human-less place.

And Jeongguk didn't fail to catch the slight grin of excitement he had, probably from the thought that he could do whatever the hell he wanted or true to his words--the world did surely belong to them.