여섯 :: chapter VI

The last time Jeongguk remembered being normal was when he woke up this morning.

But even after all the crazy shits that they've been through since then, right now Jeongguk felt as if he had never ever been any more normal than this moment where he's hiding beside Taehyung inside the kitchen quarter.

It's absurd, really.

And it's also funny how things got accelerated to the point where they were holding their breaths and god, the look on their faces were so so pathetic.

Jeongguk had earlier, quite bravely, thought that they would make it out alive and in one piece after the tragedy which had taken place inside the elevator.

But he had been proven damn well wrong when more of their kind came lurking behind their backs, also biting him in the ass (not really) because well, he was not prepared for this extremeness of the utterly ridiculous situation they were, equally ridiculously dragged into.

There's this pin drop silence around them that he thought was so terrifying.

"Tae, I think they are gone."

And despite the elder warning him priorly to not even breathe loudly, he just had to do otherwise.

Taehyung groaned lowly and in the next second the door to the kitchen went flying apart, in the most obnoxiously comical way. But that exactly wasn't the time to think how their lives, pretty messily, turned out to be a part of this game of which they considered themselves pretty premature players. To put it in a simpler word: noob.

And there stood the ugly creature on his two mucinous feet, looking like a typical skeletal dog standing on its paws but much more hideous in looks.

So that gives a reason why Jeongguk would still prefer calling it demogorgon while there was Taehyung who was far from giving a heed to his senseless topics when their lives were literally at stake.

He was so, literally done. But even after tossing the younger his deathly glare saying you messed up big time, I told you to shut up, Jeongguk being the idiot he was let out a small, "Opps!" And then grinned sheepishly.

"You literally are dumb, Jeongguk." He mumbled in distress, soon standing up on his feet in front of the beast with the counter separating them farther enough as an unsaid reassurance that he won't be getting swallowed by it right away.

And before it could even open its mouth, probably to growl at them again, Taehyung had him pinned to the wall with a knife stabbed straight to his throat.

"Bastard!" He tsked in annoyance.

Jeongguk gulped, "Waow," He awed at its dead body hanging loosely onto the knife digged deeper into the wall, amidst while slicing its throat, "You got some solid aiming skills."

"Jeon, I've been in the academic training for almost two years now. Who do you take me for?"

Oh yup, while Jeongguk was a self-proclaimed pro gamer and an amateur gaming designer (he's smart when it comes to coding and stuff), Taehyung had been training hard to apply for a military service since he turned 18.

And that explains why he's so good at these things.

"Oh Y-Yeah, it went out of my mind."

Taehyung sighed, "There are more out there in numbers and I don't think I'll be able to save us with just a mere knife if they come at us altogether. We need the proper equipments to protect ourselves."

Jeongguk hummed, a small frown overtaking his features, "Tae, we were out in open all day today. Yet they didn't show up. Don't you think this means..." He trailed unsurely.

𝐈𝐓 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐒 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 [TK]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें