십사 :: chapter XIV

Just something about having his chin resting on Taehyung's shoulder and arms wrapped around his torso in a back hug, now seemed pretty much a common thing between them, to Jeongguk.

Not that kind of common where at some point he would forget cherishing this moment, but a type where he felt so so belonged and habitual that it kinda didn't make sense.

Precisely like the feeling of home.

Taehyung felt like home. His arms, his warmth felt like the doors which he had seen all his life, through which he had went in and out, but somehow, they never really got closed on him.

He had always been accepted there, as if he was belonged to be there, inside the doors of his home, in Taehyung's arms, safe and happy.

And as they rode on the motorbike, with the sound of the engine thriving, burning underneath and the trees moving behind at a speed Jeongguk thought was so good to feel against his face in the form of wind, he wanted nothing more than to just give in to this feeling of home and stay in there for as long as he lives and accepted there.

He then snuggled into the elder's shoulder, hearing the sound of Taehyung gulping and then speeding their Harley, the other three bikes closely following after theirs with Yoongi and Jimin on one, Namjoon and Jin on the other and lastly Hoseok alone riding his matte black Ducati.

None of them spoke a word, and it wasn't even needed when the sound of the engines roared loudly around them, overpowering the distinct howls echoing throughout the silence of the dark night and thick forest but also adding a thrill to the adventure they've been put in.

The three sticks that they had gathered from a branched tree planted nearby the gas station were now held in between Jimin's hands as the torn fibre pieces of Jin's pink shirt (he wore over a t-shirt) soaked in with fuel were tightly wrapped around each of their one end, ready to get ignited in case if they were being followed by.

While, Jin's hands were occupied with a container filled with petrol they as well collected back at the gas station.

"We're almost there, around 200 metres from here!" Taehyung shouted, his grip around the clutch tightening while he attempted to slow down his speed, the rest mirroring his action.

Jeongguk looked behind their backs, to the endless forest they've covered in a span of seconds he forgot to count.

And he only wished he hadn't.

Because then he saw the wild creatures, around five, at a distance, probably too far for him to measure but close enough to register that they surely were coming for them.

"FUCK! HYUNG THEY'RE HERE!" He yelled in a rushed manner, terrified at the sight of watching the lurking hideous bodies he never thought he'd get to see again after his first encounter with them at the restaurant.

The others did not need to know about whom Jeongguk was referring to, neither did they look behind their backs to check whether the younger was mistaken in the darkness because somewhere, they all knew that this was coming.

"TO THE LEFT AND WE'RE THERE!" Taehyung directed.

Jeongguk's arms around the elder tightened even more when he once again accelerated the gear after the sharp left turn he made with others, into the narrow lining of trees.

He breathed shakily, feeling as if he was a part of some apocalyptic movie, in where they were made to become the main protagonists but without any audition and will.