십육의 :: chapter XVI

It's hard to look at someone the same way, after you've discovered your feelings for them.

It's also kinda funny how suddenly you start feeling all those typical things you thought you weren't capable of feeling, when love travels its way to you.

Taehyung had always believed that love would come to him, someday, if he was enough deserving of it. But never did he once think that he'd as well find love in Jeongguk.

It kinda works both way. And it's just a matter of time until you realise how awfully in love you are with a person when they make your heart blow away in pieces, ridiculously cliche—and then you find it utterly hard to leash the sudden overflow of hundreds of emotions you thought were just introduced to you, but somewhere you were as well aware that they were there within you, all along.

It's like getting at the last page of a book that has a prequel to it, awaiting for you to open a new chapter of the same story, just as much lengthy and yet undiscovered.

And as much as it was enthralling to appreciate the smallest of details of this strange yet familiar feeling, it was also scary, in a good way.

Long after the first light of dawn, Taehyung was met with the blinding sunlight making his eyes squint in a funny way while Jeongguk giggled in frenzy at being finally getting the chance to step out into the open .

The forest around them bloomed into its greenery and as much as it seemed terrifying the other night, it looked equally calming and lively at this hour of the day.

"This is nice." Hoseok mumbled, his voice sounding at peace as he breathed in the fresh air of the forest surrounding them into a whispering silence of leaves rustling against one another.

He seemed to be enjoying this after what they had gone through the previous night. And it was only fair to do so, considering the possibility of them surviving here was just as minor as the count of non-alienic humans, temporarily residing in this planet full of ugly creatures.

Which, by the same logic meant, 7 against the possibility of all of them dying, altogether. And by dividing it to each one of them, it would automatically decrease upto 1% of their survival.

The rest 99% would either include them becoming a meal to the monsters or—no, the rest 99% would perhaps entirely include them becoming a meal to the monsters.

Pathetic, really.

So, why not live like the world is going to end tomorrow.

"Let's divide up in teams. One will get us food, the other; clothes for everyone. And the last one shall stay here, pack the guns and all other weapons we might need to take back with us, to the spaceship. We can't afford to stay here for one more night, it's too dangerous." Jin directed.

"I would have loved to stay back here, but considering I don't know shit about guns and stuff, I'll go with the second option." Hoseok beamed.

Following him, Yoongi nodded, "I'll accompany him then. I'm sure nobody here wants Jin hyung to choose our clothes. Betting if he did, he'd make us all doll up in pink."

The eldest of them scoffed, but knowing Yoongi wasn't entirely wrong, he didn't butt in.

Jimin chuckled, "Oh I assure you hyung, you pretty much already look like a doll, minus the pink part." In response he received a glare, along with a blush he'd say looked somewhat cuter on the elder's paler skin.

"So," Namjoon interrupted the brief awkward silence which followed them soon after what Jimin had, quite bravely, managed to say out loud to Yoongi, who in response only scowled and had looked away to his earlier statement.