아홉 :: chapter IX

Something about this Jimin guy went unsettling with Jeongguk.

Whether it was his charming smile after he had been pulled awake, or casually shrugging in his sleepy state as if the aftermath of whatever hangover one goes through after having toxic drinks swimming circles in your system did nothing to him.

Or it was either the fact that he was way too casual about this spaceshit thing and all those ugly creatures awaiting them down the abandoned planet.

Or the fact that he's too friendly, too good for their own kind, leaving Jeongguk to question about whether these kind of people exist or it's just this parallel world pulling shits on him and making him appeal like an angel.

Also the fact that Taehyung was being too nice to him, tending to the questions he asked once in a while as they made their way back to the control room.

Everything was unsettling. And it really started irking him up.

And it showed through his face that he was annoyed, fucking annoyed by this blond's sudden appearance.

"Hey, Jeongguk. Are you okay?" And god, his voice. It was almost angelic, leaving the part where Jeongguk rather thought of it being too high pitched.

And as he said, Jimin was way too good that it kinda didn't make sense, at all.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just tired." He simply replied, and the blond nodded, reassured. And the fact that he was worried didn't even seem settling to how they've met just a couple hours ago. And yet here he was, worrying for someone who was hella irritated by his presence just because he was getting way too close to Taehyung.

Even if they were walking at a distance of at-least three meters with Jeongguk in between.

Still he couldn't get used to the fact that Taehyung was being sweet to someone who wasn't him.

And Jimin was way too beautiful to not once give a thought upon his beauty.

"By the way, I'm sorry for the trouble I caused you guys earlier there. You see, I get quite intense when I'm drunk." He giggled, slightly scratching the back of his neck and appearing too polite.

It might be for the simple act of courtesy people tend to show towards strangers but Jeongguk was way too inconvinced of his apology after witnessing the enacts he had pulled back earlier. Yes, including the one where he called Taehyung handsome and oh god-he called him daddy.

Now he can't let it go just like that, can he?

"At this point you should be on yours knees asking for our forgiveness. I ain't a cat, kid." And Jeongguk somehow started liking Yoongi, not in that way of course.

But his attitude appeared tolerable now, considering it was shitty towards Jimin and it favoured him, indirectly and he knew he was being an ugly sadist.

"You though look like one, hyung." And the nerve this man had. Okay, it was fine until it was him in his place who would've made fun of Yoongi because simply it worked both way. Likewise, Yoongi too had the rights to make fun of him, as though it was an undeclared but quite obvious pact made between them.

But it didn't work with Jimin. God, he was the noob here.

Yoongi looked at him expectantly, maybe wondering why he didn't acknowledge the fact that someone else— or better yet, Jimin had the same mindset as him, regarding Yoongi as a cat. But he was too far from giving a heed to it.

"It's surprising Jeongguk didn't agree with you on this, he's kinda hell bent wanting Yoongi hyung to admit he does look like a cat." Taehyung spoke, as if almost reading Yoongi's thoughts, so does Jeongguk's.