Chapter 7 - The Myths' Trail

Calli has been busy with assisting her sensei for a while and she knew that her weekend work is done so she said farewell and opened a portal to the Watson Agency. Once she walked through, she could feel the atmosphere being somewhat different. 

Calli: "Hey everyone! I am back!"

She could tell that something was off. She then noticed the rest of the Myths in the living room, she found it odd if they didn't respond immediately. Gura was sleeping on the couch, drooling as per usual, though her hair is slightly more messy than usual. Kiara is sorting paperwork with Amelia, which both of them seem to have bags under their eyes. While Ina is reading her book, chanting some random language in her whispers. 

Calli: "Umm.... Guys....?"

Ina was the first to hear her and she quickly goes up to her.

Ina: "Hey Calli. It is good that you are back, but what just happened is something we need to discuss outside."

Calli was confused but she nodded and went outside to the backyard. It was a calm night, the sky was free of any clouds and the stars were gorgeous to look at. 

Calli: "Now can you tell me what is going on Ina?"

Ina: "Well... You see when you left..... Ame and Will went to Japan to assist in something, but something happened. Ame and Will got into a fight against someone that Ame called... The Warden of Time. Now Will is missing and Ame is trying to figure out a way to get to Will.... But this started to affect everyone else in the process..."

Calli: "In what way?"

Ina: "Kiara continues to try and help Ame but Gura is just becoming more confused and depressed at the same time. Everyone is a bit... down."

Calli gets the idea and decides to figure something out.

Calli: "I will check to see if I can find anything-"

Amelia: "I did it!"

They both heard Amelia's scream of happiness and they both rushed inside. The scream seemed to have awaken Gura as well. Amelia then noticed that Calli was back.

Amelia: "Oh hey Calli, sorry for not noticing ya there."

Kiara went up to Calli and hugged her, letting tears flow down her face. 

Calli: "Kusotori... please let go."

Kiara looked up to see her serious face, yet her tone of voice was calm, compared to other times.

Calli: "Ina explained everything, so, did you find what you were looking for?"

Amelia: "I figured out a way to reach Will! I think I know how to get to where he might be!"

Calli: "Go on."

Amelia: "But if we attempt this, it might be very risky. I will have no idea where we end up, nor will we be able to understand what is about to happen, or the side effects."

Calli: "We get it from here. Now I think you need to rest now."

Amelia: "Good idea."

She then just passes out, face first into the desk. Soon afterwards, you could hear snoring. Gura was just confused the most.

Gura: "What exactly.... happened?"

Ina: "I think us two should carry her to her bed, she really needs sleep. Then I will explain okay?"

Gura then nods and proceeds to carry Amelia to her room and bed. Calli and Kiara were alone in the living room. 

Kiara: "W-Why did you have to be gone for so long?"

Calli: "What?"

Kiara then hugs her again. More tighter than the previous. Calli could tell that this was the first time she eventually cared for someone else rather than her, and the fact that William was not here for some time must have broke her a bit.

Kiara: "Calli I... I didn't... know what... to do... I should've... I should've..."

Kiara was tearing up, feeling devastated that she couldn't help the childhood friend of this current life, but Calli could understand her pain. Why? Because of the fact that Calli has been opened up to most things thanks to Kiara. Calli then broke the hug.

Calli: "Listen Kiara... It isn't your fault. If I was here, I could've helped, but I wasn't. I am partially to blame here. Not you. Besides, it is great news that we will be able to see him again. Just get some rest, sleep through it and you will feel better in the morning."

Kiara then agrees by nodding. Calli then kisses Kiara on the forehead and walks away. Kiara is shocked and stunned by this, she froze in place and her face turned into a full on dark shade of red. Kiara did not expect this from Calli at all, but she shook herself off, now happy again, but she hopes that she can get things back to normal, for everyone at least.

[Time skip]

In the next morning, Amelia explained the plan to everyone and got everyone next to her. She takes out her watch and puts her open hand to the ground, then a circle appears around them. Similar to the circular gears that she saw Kronii use before. Amelia thought about this carefully.

What she wields is partial of Kronii's power, but if Kronii can do things, so can she. The light envelops them as they then travel to another plain of existence to them. It was open like a void but yet Amelia knows what this is by studying and seeing different perspectives of her other selves. 

Amelia: "Everyone, welcome to the space between time."