Chapter 18 - The Truth

William is now face to face with Asher himself, finally being able to communicate with him. 

William: "So you're Asher?"

William stared at him for some time, trying to get him to talk.

Asher: "Indeed I am, though I thought you would remember me by now William."

William: "Well I don't. I may have seen you once, but you were the one taking control, now I am the one in control. So I advise you to tell me everything."

Asher chuckles in amusement that William believes that he is in control. William is not phased by this since he will not take any bullshit at all.

Asher: "You don't know much about me, do you?"

William: "Besides the fact that our minds are now connected and I can only view portions of your memories. I don't know the whole story, so I want to know why you hated humans so much, even if you fell in love with one before?"

Asher's eyes widen a bit, but his posture was still filled with confidence. He walks up to William and they stand face to face.

Asher: "What will you do if I tell you the whole story?"

William: "My intention is to allow us to coexist without us having to manipulate each other. We can figure out how we both can work together if we understand each other better."

Asher: "Very well. I might as well show you then."

The blank void becomes that of a strange city William has never seen before. Yet he could tell that these people are not human.

Asher: "I resided within the Circles of Hell as you could imagine. Many of us have fallen from Heaven, for what purpose I am not too sure. This city was my home, where Beelzebub ruled."

William: "Beelzebub? As in the ruler of Hell?"

Asher: "He took control the moment we all felt powerless and he wreaked the benefits to conquer all the other Circles."

Then the city changed into a view of Beelzebub's silhouette, though they both couldn't see his features properly. This also looked like the inside of a palace, where the ruler of Hell would sit on their throne. This to William was most likely the throne room.

Asher: "His conquest lived on, guiding us to his so called salvation. Claiming himself as king, his conquest through the Circles was... mostly successful."

William: "What happened exactly?"

Asher: "He couldn't conquer the last Circle. After many attempts, he wanted to try and achieve what he could consider his 'true power'. But to me it was just a myth."

William: "But how does this tie into you?"

Asher looked away for a moment, but recollected himself and changed the view to an alleyway of sorts within the demonic city.

Asher: "I was but a low class demon.. A lesser demon who's soul purpose was to fight for the higher ups. I was but a street rat to the demons. I may have been young, but I was stupid."

Asher then changed the scene, but seeing a younger Asher alone within the human world, though it seemed to be during a medieval time period. 

Asher: "I was tasked with checking up on the humans. I did as told, trying to maintain my identity, but it wasn't enough."

Yet the younger Asher took off his hood to show his actual appearance. His hair was a black mixed with grey, though it was long in appearance, it is tied up neatly. His eyes were of an orange colour that mimics the orange hue in the modern Asher's eyes. His teeth were sharp, but not too sharp, which makes it easier for him to blend in with the humans since he looked a lot more like a human than demon.