Chapter 16 - Tensions Are High

A few minutes have passed since the battle with the Ancient Ones that has possessed Ina. Amelia wakes up in a bed, it was really comfortable she thought, but the moment she tried to move, she felt pain all over. She was wondering to herself how she was still alive.

Calli: "You're awake Amelia?"

She turned to see Calli, leaning on the wall. She could tell that Calli was alright for the most part, but when she looked around to see Kiara and Gura out cold for the moment, she felt dread go down her spine. 

Amelia: "Where is.....?"

Calli knew what Amelia meant, so she decided to answer her.

Calli: "Sorry Amelia... I don't know what happened but... she wasn't herself anymore..."

Amelia looked down at her hands, clenching them tighter by each second that has gone by. She knew that she could have stopped it but she couldn't. One fatal mistake and now they ended up on the course that they didn't want.

Calli: "The others will wake up eventually. Until then, you should go see the Warden, she wants to have a chat with you."

Amelia: "Why..?"

Amelia was confused. Of course she had every right to be since she had a fight with the Warden, but if she was spared, then there had to be a reason. 

Calli: "She said it was important. So I didn't pry into it any further."

Amelia understands this and she tries to get up from her bed. But as she stood up, she was going to fall. Calli caught her in time and lifted her up straight.

Calli: "You alright?"

Amelia nods her head in confirmation, allowing Calli to let go and Amelia left the room. Amelia was confused on where they were exactly, but she could hear distant chatter, so she decides to head towards it, very slowly though. Clinging to the wall, allowing her support, as she got closer, the distant chatter became more understanding.

In the meeting room, Kronii and Baelz are chatting with Sana who just returned. Sana looked uneased at what they said.

Sana: "You are saying that the Ancient Ones are back!?"

Baelz: "Yes. But no worries, Kronii locked it away for now."

Sana: "That is not the point! That thing can break out at any moment and you both know that!"

Kronii: "I ensured that where it is at now, it cannot escape."

Sana: "How sure can you be!?"

Amelia: "Excuse me..."

The three turn to see Amelia up on her feet, but she is clinging to the wall to support herself. Baelz sighs.

Baelz: "You two deal with this further, I am going to get the other two."

Baelz then leaves the room, Amelia felt her presence being very familiar to her when Baelz passed by her. 

Sana: "So you are the detective that gave Kronii trouble?"

Sana was curious so she would ask this question no matter the circumstance. Amelia slowly nodded, but she was about to fall over, yet Kronii caught her and put her immediately on her seat.

Kronii: "Rest easy for now detective, this doesn't make us allies."

Amelia: "I understand..."

Sana feels the tension between them but decides to intervene.

Sana: "Isn't there a reason you kept her alive Kronii?"