Chapter 9 - The Time of Chaos

Once the myths got their bearings within the area that they decided to rest at, which is by a lake within a clearing. Amelia was looking about, with the help of Ina of course. Ina summons a tentacle which lifts Amelia into the air so she can get a better view. She could see mostly forest, but other than that, there is a set of hills in the distance along there being a tower in the opposite direction. The more Amelia thinks about it, she realizes that William could be by that tower. So with particular hand signals, Ina lets her down.

Calli: "Any luck?"

Amelia: "Well, it is quite a large forest but I do have some good news. To the North we will reach a set of hills that is mostly in shapes of mountain peaks while to the South is a tower. And that tower I believe could be where he might be at."

Kiara: "Great deduction skills Ame."

Amelia: "After all, what is a detective without such a skill?"

Gura: "That.... I don't know."

Ina: "With enough of the chit chat, we should be able to head out now right?"

She says this while looking at Calli. Calli was about to say something but she then felt a presence that was unsettling. It felt unnaturally wild, very chaotic in nature. Beads of sweat slowly form down her face. 

Ina: "You alright Calli?"

Ina then felt it as well, though it took her a moment, she got the idea. Kiara then felt it too, along with Gura and Amelia. 

Amelia: "What is this feeling...?"

Calli: "Something that is definitely bad for us."

Gura: "Why does it feel so heavy though..?"

Ina: "It feels like as if the power itself is supressing us."

Gura then picked up a scent.

Gura: "Someone is here..."

Baelz: "Quite smart of you."

They then all turned to one of the trees, which has Baelz hanging from a tree branch, her legs gripping the branch. She was hanging upside down. Her grin very much present. 

Baelz: "I thought you lot weren't going to figure it out."

Calli: "Who are you?"

Baelz: "Who am I? Well, let me be more formal then."

Her grin became more twisted. She then let her legs loosen and she lands perfectly on her feet, getting back up.

Baelz: "I am Hakos Baelz. Leader of the Council and the avatar of Chaos. Pleasure to meet you."

She then does a subtle bow, acting like someone who has been honoured by their very presence. Once she fixed her posture, she put her hands on her hips.

Baelz: "So tell me, what brings you lot on my domain?"

Everyone was confused on who should state their business but Amelia steps up.

Amelia: "I apologize for entering your domain on such short notice but we are here to get our friend back you see."

Baelz moves her hand to her chin, making a thinking posture that is surely fake but the others couldn't tell. Baelz could tell already who they are referring to.

Baelz: "Do tell me, does his name happen to be William Bismarck?"

Amelia got excited for a moment.