Chapter 12 - Chaotic Consequences

Once Calli has recovered from her injuries, she was finally able to stand up. As she looked around, since the blade was no longer pinning her to the ground, she realized that the battle between Amelia and Kronii was still continuing. Though she couldn't see properly who exactly is winning since they are moving too fast for her to tell.

Calli: "Amelia...."

Calli then remembered what Amelia told her earlier, she then went full speed to where the rest of the Myths are, or at least she could tell due to the carnage happening on the other side of the forest.

Kronii noticed this but before she could intervene, she was interrupted by Amelia landing a strong blow to her face, but she didn't move from her position. Kronii then tossed her further away but Amelia landed perfectly on her feet.

Kronii: "Delaying your death is not helping you detective."

Amelia: "Yeah I know... But listen Warden, if we don't stop this fighting now, something will happen and you know what it is."

Kronii: "It is something that should happen, it was written that way. Changing the time flow is a death sentence."

Amelia: "I am aware of that, and yet, here I am.... Still standing.."

Her toothy grin got on the Warden's nerves, but she continued to keep her guard up.

Kronii: "Out of all the timelines, you are the most annoying."

Amelia: "Aww how cute, am I that much on your mind?"

Kronii: "Your smug won't get you out of this detective."

Amelia keeps her smile up, thinking on how to get Kronii to stop fighting, but she realized that what is going to happen, is going to happen sooner than expected, or what she saw. So she knew that she has to end this as soon as possible.

We then cut to Baelz facing off against Ina, Kiara and Gura. Throughout the fight, Baelz was just toying with them. Gura used every trick she could think of without resorting to her primal instincts of being an apex predator. Gura doesn't want to use it since she doesn't like that side of her, though it does come out from time to time, she hides it well. Kiara focused on protecting Ina and Gura since it seemed as if she was too slow to hit Baelz due to her size. Kiara worked together with Gura to try and counter Baelz, but it doesn't seem to work. Ina focused on providing ranged support, using her magic to try and hit or at least distract her, but due to the speed difference, it was never successful. She even resorted to using her tentacles but that wasn't enough either.

Throughout the fight, it was like as if Baelz was changing the battlefield as it continued. Increasing herself but decreasing others. Eventually, Gura had enough and attempted a blow close up with her trident. Baelz saw this coming and blocked the blow. Then landing a powerful punch to the gut, sending her back. Kiara then engulfed her sword with flames and attempts multiple slashes, forcing Baelz to dodge. But Baelz eventually hops over Kiara and spins around, attempting to kick Kiara. Kiara manages to turn in time to block the blow with her shield. But the force alone sends her back as well. Ina saw this as a chance to use her magic, but before she could, Baelz was already in front of her, sending Ina in fear. 

Baelz: "Too slow."

Landing a powerful blow with a solid punch, making Ina cough out blood. Then sending her into a tree, with her sliding down it until she lands back down, unable to move. Ina's vision became blurry, trying to comprehend what just happened, but she was fading in and out of consciousness. Gura then appeared again, but her attack was futile that Baelz grabbed her by her face and just chucked her away without effort. Gura ends up landing in the water of a lake, noticing no signs of movement anytime soon, Baelz looks back at Ina.