Chapter 15 - The Truth Behind Chaos

A battle ensued between Hakos Baelz and the possessed Ina. The battle was intense to look at, though Baelz has overwhelming power, the Ancient Ones were always prepared to counter act. Ina's body was like a glass cannon, having high amounts of power, but a weak body, though it was fixed due to the Ancient One's weird power that is the black substance. Calli was watching from afar and she was concerned. She didn't know what to do at this point, she can't interfere due to the overwhelming power pressure, including that if she steps in, she has a high chance of just being squashed between instead of breaking the fight. 

Calli: "Damn it."

She then heard footsteps approach from behind and once she turned around, she saw Kronii. She summoned her scythe immediately.

Kronii: "Stand down immortal. I am not here to fight you now."

Calli was suspicious but she calmed down when she saw Amelia being carried by Kronii. Kronii then put her down carefully, Calli was still suspicious.

Calli: "Is she..?"

Kronii: "The detective is still alive. I spared her, for now."

Calli: "What made you change your mind?"

Kronii: "I finally saw what the detective meant. But even I am too late to stop what is coming now."

Calli: "What do you mean?"

Kronii then walked a bit forward, to gain some distance and watch the fight.

Kronii: "Chaos is.... a complicated person. She is pure, but yet not at the same time. Her power rivals even I. Or perhaps even the gods."

Calli: "So you lot are...?"

Kronii: "No, we are not gods. We are avatars, created by the gods to keep the balance. You are here for your friend, but he is currently not here."

Calli: "That means...?"

Kronii: "He is currently with the other members, fixing the issue you tried to help with. He will return to you in due time. For now, even I cannot interfere with this battle."

Calli: "Why can't you!?"

Calli was getting furious at the Warden, but Kronii is not phased by this at all.

Kronii: "Her power is very destructive compared to the rest of us. Each avatar is unique with their given power. If you care to listen, then you better listen well."

Kronii was still watching the fight, while Calli stood there in confusion but she lowered her guard, letting her scythe disappear. 

Kronii: "Each avatar is created for a purpose. In truth, four of us were created by the gods to watch over the balance of the universe, but the fifth was created by the will of humanity. The mortals were powerful enough to at least allow a fifth to be made. The one created by humanity is the Guardian of Civilization, Nanashi Mumei. Her power is simple to understand, the more danger she is in, she improves. She acts like what you mortals would act, improvise, adapt, handle things their own way. She loves humanity too much sometimes that even I cannot understand why they should be around. The Keeper of Nature, Ceres Fauna is kind and gentle. Her power allows her to control the nature around her, making her in tune with the beauty and the wildlife that existed within the nature itself along with the civilizations. Those two are nothing compared to the rest, considering that they are still the very concepts that rely off of each other to improve. The Speaker of Space, Tsukumo Sana is one that is curious about most things since she throws quite a tantrum when she doesn't get to experience something. Her power makes her grow in size, being what the mortals would call, the tank of the group. But her sheer strength is one to not underestimate, that is why she is limited by her limiter. The Warden of Time, which is I, Ouro Kronii, you can get the idea yourself. My power is allowing me to traverse through time and keep it in check. My goal was to stop the detective from causing more distortions, but I seemed to have failed my job. But the Harbinger of Chaos, Hakos Baelz is a different story...."