Chapter 19 - Enma

The Myths have managed to clear most of the city of the abominations. They regrouped to come up with a plan to find where Ina could be.

Amelia: "How is everyone doing on their side?"

Gura: "What the hell are these things exactly?"

Gura was disgusted by the abominations, even in death they seem really nasty.

Kiara: "Never in my many lives have I encountered these before..."

Calli: "They are bodies that don't carry any souls. Just mindless husks twisted and malformed..."

Amelia: "So that would mean...?"

Calli: "That she can raise the dead as well. Necromancy. But I thought only necromancers can do that..."

Another abomination appeared out from the rubble of a nearby building, but Amelia wasted no time and shot it directly in the head. 

Amelia: "Well whatever the case might be, we need to head further in. This city isn't too big."

They then heard something as they felt the ground rumble. Hearing thuds from a fair distance, closing in to their location. 

Gura: "Guys.... what is that...?"

Panic clearly in her voice, Calli leaped onto one of the roofs of a building. She took a better look and saw a large indescribable creature heading their way.

Calli: "Giant twisted creature heading our way!"

Amelia didn't account for something like this, but she was expecting the unexpected since they are facing an eldritch horror. 

Amelia: "Alright! We need to either get around it, or fight it head on...."

Gura: "What!? Fight it head on!?"

Kiara: "Gura. Ame is right, we need to do one of the options."

She then flew into the air, getting a better look at the creature approaching them. The creature was heading towards them at a faster pace, possibly sensing their presence.

Kiara: "It's speeding up!"

Amelia: "Kiara! Calli! Can you both hold that thing off!?"

Calli: "What is your intention Amelia?"

Amelia: "Gura and I will get around it so we can cover more ground! Once you both are done, meet up with us!"

Calli and Kiara look at each other for a moment and nod their heads in understanding. Amelia then drags Gura along with her through some buildings to get some fair distance from the fight that is about to take place. 

Calli and Kiara prepare themselves for a fight. The creature charges into Kiara, but she blocks the headbutt with her shield. Yet this still sent her back a fair bit. Kiara regains momentum and swings her sword in an arc to allow flames to be released. The flames hit the creature, blinding it for a moment, allowing Calli to attempt a slash towards its neck. But before she could land it, tentacles made out of a black ink appear out of it, forcing her to back off onto a rooftop.

Kiara: "Calli!"

Calli: "I am alright Kiara! Damn, wasn't expecting that..."

Calli speculates on how they should take down this beast without risking their strength since they need it for Ina. Calli was attacked by the creature's tentacles and was forced to leap about, dodging the strikes. Kiara then goes for a charge, attempting an attack on its head. But the attack was bounced off, as if the head is hardened, so attacks or blows to the head won't cut it.