Chapter 17 - The Myths' Assault

Within the city of Berlin, people were busy doing what they were doing. Either just doing their jobs, returning home from work, or even hanging out with their families. Though everything felt interrupted by a sudden shatter through reality, with a figure falling and crashing into the middle of a street. Creating a crater and dust, making people not feeling well, but was curious on what just arrived. The moment the dust cleared, there stood Ina, who was still possessed by the Ancient Ones. Her hand was lifted up in the air and came portals, which released tentacles. People all around started to flee the scene but most couldn't.

Over minutes, Berlin became a massacre grounds for the Ancient Ones, even creating abominations from the corpses of the individuals who were once civilians. The news got sent out to the world, forcing the United Nations to close off the country to prevent further casualties, this didn't go unnoticed by Yagoo. He was staring at the news, with A-chan as well. A-chan looked worried, but Yagoo's expression didn't change, yet he was sweating a bit. Then came in a woman with a formal attire. Her hair was fairly long, being black in colour but also having partial bits or red in between. Her glasses still makes her fit in as an office worker, but what throws most people off was her sheathed blade.

???: "You called for me Yagoo?"

A-chan: "Enma?"

Yagoo: "Glad to see you are back Enma. How was the vacation?"

Enma: "Simple. But I just saw what was happening on the news. Is that the reason you called for me?"

Yagoo: "Yes, since I am not sure what has been going on with the EN branch, I need you to investigate and solve this matter at hand. With the addition of getting rid of the problem, even if it means killing Ina'nis. Do I make myself clear Enma?"

Yagoo's smile didn't phase Enma in the slightest, but she nodded her head in response and left the room.

A-chan: "Is it wise to send one of our best in right now?"

Yagoo: "We were well aware of the trouble that Ina'nis would bring. We need the best to handle it."

A-chan: "But what about Watson?"

Yagoo: "Wherever she is now, she better hope that she is having a better time than here."

Yagoo did show a face of worry, especially in his tone. A-chan got the idea and leaves the office as well. Yagoo sighs and sits down on his seat, spinning it to let himself look out the window. While with Amelia, she just completed her plans and gets herself ready to head out. But before she could, Kronii stopped her for a moment.

Kronii: "What you will be doing will decide the future, do you understand?"

Amelia: "I am aware. I know what I have to do."

Amelia then walks outside to meet with the rest of the Myths. Mumei walks in to see Kronii looking outside at the Myths.

Mumei: "Kronii, you okay?"

Kronii closes her eyes for a moment and sighs. Once she opens them again, she looks at Mumei, without even needing to move her head. 

Kronii: "I just don't seem to understand how the gods don't see the Ancient Ones as a threat. That abomination managed to keep up with Chaos. It even escaped my time prison. The future rests in the hands of two mortals and two immortals. I cannot see this ending well."

Mumei was surprised to see Kronii actually show concern. This was new to her, even now.

Mumei: "Kronii... Are you worried?"

Kronii: "To put it lightly, yes. However, do you know of the progress with that other human?"

Mumei: "William? He is still busy with that demon problem since I last saw him. So I don't think he will be able to help them in time if he tries."

Kronii: "I have been proven wrong before, it might happen again."

Fauna was listening in to the entire conversation, even Fauna was surprised about Kronii's 180 turn in personality. Amelia returns to the Myths, Calli wounding her arms around to make sure that she can still feel them at least since she didn't have proper rest yet ever since they got to this world. Kiara was practicing her swings with her blade, making sure that she doesn't lose her edge while Gura is her rep. Amelia claps her hands together a few times in quick succession to get their attention, which worked. 

Amelia: "Okay everyone, I got a plan. But this will not be easy at all, depending on the opposition."

Calli: "I'm ready for anything at this point."

Kiara: "I second on that."

Gura gets nervous, but fixes her posture and fist bumps her palm.

Gura: "Make that three."

Her toothy grin made Amelia smile lightly and she got straight to business.

Amelia: "As far as I know based on what Baelz has told me. It seems that she was able to regenerate in quick succession, making it difficult to kill. So we don't need to worry when we go all out."

Kiara: "What about the population?"

Amelia: "Ina apparently escaped to Berlin, and as far as I know right now, most of them are probably dead at this point. Which is something that will have to be fixed in due time."

Calli: "So many souls..."

Calli did look a bit down, but looked up in determination.

Calli: "Even if they were killed, how can we be sure that there wouldn't be any survivors?"

Amelia: "Knowing my extensive research in my travels... I don't think there will be any, but if there is, it will only be a few in numbers."

Amelia then took out a photo of one of her many travels. It seemed as if she met someone before, though she couldn't remember much about that person in particular, yet she knew that he was important.

Amelia: "I am not going to run away from the problems anymore. Today we are going to face them head on, even if we die today... At least someone will come along and make it right."

Gura: "How can you be sure Ame?"

Amelia: "While Kronii was teaching me, I got a vision of someone coming to help. We just have to continue the plan, until the bitter end at least."

Kronii: "She is right."

Everyone turned to see Kronii walking towards them. 

Kronii: "Someone will be coming to help, but it would ruin the time flow if we give too much information. One mishap can change the course of the past, the present, and the future. This battle will determine your futures, even all the mortals of Earth."

Amelia: "You sending us there?"

Kronii: "It would be too risky to send you all in the heart of it all. I am sending you to the outskirts of the city. From there, you can take over."

Amelia understands and nods her head. Kronii then raises her hand out, extending it and creates a rift, simulating like a portal. 

Kronii: "This is the best I can do, just deal with it and prove me wrong."

Everyone then starts entering it one by one. First being Calli, then Kiara, then Gura and then Amelia. Once they all stepped through, Kronii closed the rift. Mumei was watching all of this happen, and she hopes that the Myths will succeed.

On the other side, when Amelia stepped through, the rift closed behind her. When she looked up, she saw the city in ruins. Calli was looking around for the souls that she was expecting, but strangely, they were never there. Kiara could tell that most of the people were dead, making it still feel like it was her fault for not protecting Ina. Gura could smell something, yet it smelled like the air was wreaked with blood. Amelia sighed and started to lead the way.

Amelia: "Okay, let's do this."