Chapter 13 - The Test

While walking through the palace, Bismarck was getting some weird vibes from the place. Though he could tell the structure alone is ancient, but the feeling of the atmosphere is not. 

William: "Mumei, why does this place feel a bit off...?"

Mumei: "What do you mean?"

William: "I know this place is ancient but it just doesn't feel that way..."

Mumei: "The way you say it makes us feel old now...."

Mumei lets out a sigh but nods her head to what William is trying to say."

Mumei: "Well you see, when we created this place, we wanted it to feel like a vacation type of place."

William was just honestly confused on that but he pretends that he didn't think about it.

William: "I see..."

Fauna: "We are here."

William and Mumei turn to their front to see a giant door. Though it looks magnificent with its designs. The patterns are in a golden colour, the patterns being filled with vine-like roots, stars and feathers. The door alone was intimidating with the feeling it gives off.

William: "What am I supposed to do now?"

Fauna: "I am afraid that you have to go in alone for this one."

William: "Why is that?"

William was confused but he raised an eyebrow in curiosity with the question he asked.

Mumei: "The guardian knows about your arrival due to us informing them."

William then thought to himself on the 'them' part. William didn't know that it might be multiple guardians instead of one.

Fauna: "So they are expecting you. I wish you the best of luck."

William: "Very well then."

He then walks towards the door but before he touches it, he turns to the two.

William: "Will you both be waiting out here?"

Mumei: "Of course."

Their smiles seemed genuine to William so he nodded, turning to the door. He touched it but he felt a surge of energy filled up the door, the patterns glowing brighter than before. Once the doors opened on their own, William closes his eyes. Sighs and when he opens them again, he walks in, with the doors closing behind him. 

With Mumei and Fauna, their smiles drop and they know what they were most likely going to talk about.

Fauna: "What was it that you felt earlier?"

Mumei: "I felt Kronii and Bae's power spike as we were walking. Usually that means one thing.."

Fauna: "Trouble has brewed up back home?"

Mumei nods, letting Fauna stand by one of the windows, staring into the distance.

Fauna: "Well we shouldn't worry for now."

Mumei: "Why is that?"

Fauna: "Kronii and Bae are the strong in their own rights. Kronii is the strongest out of the council due to her power. Bae being a close second. They hate each other but they see each other as a form of rivals, keeping each other on their toes. If that is how humans would say it.."

She put her hand on her chin when saying the last part.

Mumei: "So you are saying that they will work together when it is needed?"

Fauna nods and gives a warming gentle smile to Mumei, which lightens her mood a bit. Mumei then sits down by the wall, close to the window Fauna is standing by. 

Mumei: "Well, I hope this works."

Fauna gets the idea on what Mumei is saying. With William, he is in a giant room, which felt calming. He couldn't describe it but there was no sound all around him. No waterfalls, no wind, no movement, besides his own. His breathing is all he could hear. It was strange to him but he continued walking, until he reached a large room that could be considered a sanctuary. Once he entered, bright torches immitted, lighting up the room. The place seemed so calm, the water that flows through the room seem to be stable and not rough. But the most noticeable thing he could spot was an individual in the centre of the room. 

Though he couldn't tell the features of this individual but he didn't say anything so he can have a look around.

???: "So you are William Bismarck?"

The voice echoed through the room, though the voice alone sounded like it was muffled but yet free.

William: "I am."

???: "The Council has informed me of you. You are a container for a demon, is that correct?"

William: "Yes."

William managed to reach the platform that was within the centre of the room, the rest of the room seemed to have a steep hole below the platform. The figure stood up and turned around to reveal itself. Though it seemed humanoid at first due to the cloak, but when it did turn around, it revealed itself to be a construct of some kind. Taking a humanoid form but yet made out of a material that he is not too familiar with, having a pure white aesthetic. Its eyes has a bright blue glow to them. 

???: "I am the guardian of this sanctuary. I can tell you are not well. The demon within you is trying to break free from its bindings."

William: "I am aware of that, and that is why I am here to fix this. I have had strange dreams, yet visions and memories of the demon. I never understood how we were connected due to the process of possession, it is as if we..."

???: "Became one and the same? A process of fusing?"

William: "What?"

???: "You see, when the demon possessed you once, it changed your form, adapting it to its own. Your body is partially demonic but yet still human, you somehow became what is known as a Nephilim."

William: "A Nephilim?"

???: "A mixture of a demon and a human. But another Nephilim exists out there that is a mixture of a demon and an angel, but that one is still in slumber. However, you became something unnatural for any normal human, and you wish to grasp whatever this is and master it?"

William was taken aback from this revelation. All this time he thought he was still human, but in truth, he wasn't anymore, even if he gave off that human vibe. But he was taking it all in, and he nods.

???: "You will have to complete a test for me."

William: "A test?"

???: "You have to achieve inner peace to access what is inside you. To do so will require dedication."

William thought about this but he understood on what he means since the Council even mentioned something to do with it, even if it wasn't direct. He nods in response.

???: "Good, now are you ready for the test?"

William felt nervous, but yet afraid. He knows that he will not get this first time round, but he knows that if he succeeds and faces Asher, he knows that he needs to be prepared.

William: "What do I need to do?"