Chapter 10 - The True Power of Time

The battle between Amelia and Calli against Kronii was getting more intense the more it continued. Amelia is able to predict Kronii's power but is unable to match hers while Calli could match the power but not the speed. The two had to work together to understand how to fight her. 

Calli's next swing was close to hitting when Kronii disappeared in a blue blur and Amelia was able to predict where she will be and aimed her revolver to fire at that spot, which forced Kronii to block the shots. When Amelia had to reload, Kronii was about to move to attack but noticed Calli approaching from above about to strike. Kronii blocks the attack, creating a shockwave, disturbing the nature nearby. Amelia then appeared in a golden blur with a syringe in hand while the watch was in the other, Kronii knew what she was about to do so she disappeared further away to gain some distance. 

Kronii: "Resulting to an old tactic detective?"

Amelia was getting tired out but Calli was still fine, but still trying to recover from her other injuries she sustained earlier in the battle. 

Amelia: "Always best to have a backup right?"

Her smile was intoxicating for Kronii, but before she moved, Calli threw her scythe. Kronii dodged out of the way, but Calli then appeared by the scythe, grabbing it and kicking Kronii in the face, knocking her back a bit. It did sting, but it still wasn't as strong as she had experienced.

Amelia then took the opportunity to fire a few rounds, hitting her a few times. Kronii then rewinds the bullets out of herself and flings them back at Amelia. Amelia then uses her watch to dodge every bullet, though it was too close that a bullet or two scratched her. 

Calli then went on the offensive, but Kronii then just grabs the blade of the scythe, shocking Calli. Kronii's death glare alone scared the reaper.

Kronii: "Play time is over."

Kronii then landed a powerful blow to Calli's gut, sending her into a rock formation. As the dust cleared, Calli seemed to be too injured to move, she even coughed out a bit of blood. Calli thought to herself that this woman is a monster on a whole other level. Kronii then rewinded her injuries, making her seem like she took no damage at all. Amelia then realized she was out of ammo, again. 

Amelia: "Shit!"

Kronii: "This is playing out the way the previous encounter went detective."

Amelia knew that she was right, no matter what she did, she will never be as strong or fast as Kronii.

Kronii: "Last chance, hand over the watch and I will spare your life."

Amelia still clutched the watch, but close to her chest, closing her eyes thinking about the situation at hand. She needs to calm down and figure out a solution. She knows that with the watch, she can have similar abilities to the Warden, but it is not as effective, unless she makes it her own. She was trying to figure it out but no solution was coming to mind still. She opened her eyes, staring at the Warden.

Amelia: "You already know my answer Warden!"

Kronii: "I do."

Kronii then appears in front of her, going for a swing, but by reflex, Amelia uses the watch to block the attack. Kronii realizes this but couldn't stop her attack in time and connects. The watch breaks into pieces and cutting into Amelia's hand. But the destruction of the watch creates a shockwave, formed out of blue and golden energy, knocking them both back. Kronii gets sent back but lands on her knees but Amelia falls to the ground backwards full force. Amelia feels a sharp numbness throughout her body, her body covered in golden and blue electrical energy. Kronii was not expecting Amelia to use the watch to protect herself but it didn't matter to her anymore. The watch was destroyed and now her goal is changed, get rid of the distortion.