31

Aurora Adler

Laying here having just given my baby her second feed of the night, being fed the rest of the sushi by my fiancé who's laying next to me, has me smiling into the air.

I have never been more in love with life than I am in this very moment.

Shutting my eyes softly, I bring my hospital gown back over my chest, sitting up slowly so I can put my sleeping Dove back in the bassinet, needing the bathroom.

Turning to put my feet on the ground for the first time has Harry holding my arm, forcing me to stop and turn to look at him with questioning eyes. "What's wrong?"

He looks me up and down, then doing the same to the room, "Beautiful where are you going?"

I shrug, "I need to pee."

He gets out of the side of the bed I made him join me in, walking round to stand in front of me, helping me up with his hands. He's slow and cautious, and with Deli currently at our house getting us some extra clothes due to the fact we're staying a little longer than expected, it's just us alone in here.

I pick up the spray bottle and massive post-birth pad the hospital has provided, waving them about as I laugh on my slow walk over to the toilet which Harry is helping me with, "Who knew post birth would be so sexy?"

Shaking his head, holding back a laugh he practically puts me on the toilet before turning around to give me my privacy, waiting outside the closed bathroom door, he says, "You need anything, shout for me."

I roll my eyes as I pull my underwear down, "I am not letting you see me like this, shut up."

I can almost envision the roll of his eyes, "Aurora I am not stupid. I'll have you know, in my last few months of reading everything I need to know about pregnancy, I read up a lot on post partum care. I would be great help right now."

Finally being able to pee, my eyes widen as it burns. And I mean burns. "Jesus christ! Why the fuck does this hurt."

Taking my slow time cleaning myself up, I eventually stand again, waddling over to the sink to wash my hands, Harry then mumbling through the door, "Can I come in now?"

I shout him a yes and as I'm drying my hands with a paper towel, the door opens. When he reaches me, I get a kiss on the head as his arm wraps round my back, guiding me as he helps me back in bed. Handing me a bottle of cold water, he smiles, "You need to drink lots. Apparently helps with the burning."

Sipping my water continuously, I sigh, "It really fucking hurt."

Pulling the blanket back over me, he stands next to the bassinet as he watches Dove sleep, "I'm sorry. I don't have much advice other than drink water and eat fruit."

I laugh into the air at the fact he's truly taken time out of his day to google and read up on post birth care, but as I laugh, as smile takes over. I put my hand in the bassinet and stroke my baby's cheek, "All worth it for this little one."

Humming he looks up at me with a soft smile, "You've made the cutest baby known to man."

I nod, not being shy about it, "Oh I know. Look at all that hair! I mean, I was a hairy baby but for some reason I expected her to be bald."

He chuckles and runs his finger through her hair, "She's definitely not bald."

I shake my head and look up to him, seeing how his gaze is focused on Dove only. She has stolen all of his attention. Holding his hand to catch his eyes, he smiles as he almost reluctantly stops looking at her and over to me. Maybe it should make me jealous, but it doesn't. Not at all. "Come lay with me again?"