60

Harry Styles

"I think I'm pregnant."

My heart shoots out of my chest with the words I have been begging the universe to hear, my face immediately falling into relief and a little bit of disbelief. "Y-you think you're... what?"

Aurora laughs and nods, the sunlight bouncing off her hazel eyes I fell in love with first, her red lips which I fell in love with second curling up into a smile, "I think I'm pregnant. With your baby."

I blink and a tear I didn't even know was forming falls down my face, my body cold as my hand start to shake, "I- oh my god... h-have you taken a test?"

She shakes her head immediately, "No, I'm not doing that without you here."

The emotion building in me seems to overflow without warning as I can't stop the tears as they fall freely, "Okay," I nod, "d-do you want to make a doctors appointment for the day I come back? I'll be landing at about 9am, and can be back with you by 12."

She sniffles and dries her eyes, nodding and pulling her laptop up from the floor, putting her phone on the bedside table as I watch her make an appointment via the online option.

There's a faint smile on her lips as she puts our details in, picking her phone up again to show me the appointment details, a grin swarming my face as I see the maternity option checked off.

I laugh to myself and shake my head, "I can't believe we're going to have a second baby."

"I know." Aurora laughs with the same joy, laying back down in bed and propping her phone up on my pillow so she doesn't have to hold me up throughout our entire conversation.

She breathes out and shakes her head, her smile never once falling as we're able to talk alone, Dove off trying to find Marsh for me, "I just had an epiphany at the park, me and Dove were playing and I threw her up against my chest and had the strongest surge of pain from how sore my boobs felt– and thinking about it more I had a similar feeling a few days ago whilst I was working. Not to mention how exhausted I've been recently...it truly feels as if someone else is stealing all my energy."

I nod, my memory flicking through every scenario I've seen of her where she's been extra sensitive or more sleepy, "Now you say it... I'm shocked neither of us didn't notice before. Sometimes you'd whine in the middle of the night when I tried to hug you tighter."

She laughs brightly, my heart lurching at the sound I have missed more than anything. I haven't seen her face this lit up, or smile this wide, in a very long time. Going on 9 months. I think the last time her face looked like this...was Halloween. Her favourite holiday.

"Daddy! I found Marshy!" Our conversation gets cut off as Dove runs back into the room, the bedroom door banging against the door as Aurora turns the camera around and shows Dove dropping my cat directly on top of Aurora so she can climb back onto the bed.

"Marsh! My boy!" I wave excitedly at my fluff ball of a cat, missing him more than I expected. I love Marshmallow more than any other pet I've had before, but I didn't realise quite how much he fills the gap in my heart until this trip.

Dove giggles and pets his head, a purr coming from him as he flops down onto the white bedsheets and gets comfortable, ready to have his mid-morning nap. She bends down and presses a kiss to his head, then resting her cheek on him as she looks at me through facetime, smiling, "I gave him a kiss for you."

I grin and my heart melts at her thoughtfulness, always being in awe of her, "That is so incredibly kind, little sun. Can you tell him I love him, too?"