35

1 month later.

Aurora Adler

Dove is doing tummy time as I add the spaghetti to the boiling pan of salted water, soft music playing through the speakers of the kitchen, keeping me company as I cook dinner.

The homemade pasta sauce is keeping warm on the stove, fully ready for Harry to get home.

He's working until 6 tonight and it's already quarter past, and knowing that I'm setting a 10 minute timer on the spaghetti, grating some parmesan for the top of our meal in the meantime.

I sing the words softly to myself, watching Dove ahead of me on the mat in the living room, the kitchen being connected and open plan meaning I can see her every move. I laugh softly at her, her body slightly rocking from side to side as she wobbles around, trying to move.

I turn around and stir the pasta, keeping my eye on it before walking over to the other counter, checking on the brownies I made earlier, making sure they're cooling before chopping them into 16 pieces, jumping as I feel two arms around my waist, sighing in relief as I hear Harry's voice following, "Hi, sorry beautiful I didn't mean to make you jump, fuck they look incredible, can I have one?"

I laugh at the quick change in tone and conversation, turning my head to see him, immediately getting a kiss, smiling as we both pull back. My face is dazed in happiness as I smile, "You can have one after dinner."

He grins and turns to look at the stove, turning his head back round a second later, "Spaghetti?"

I nod and he's pulling me into a tight hug, definitely somewhat overdramatic, "Thank you, thank you I love spaghetti."

I can't help but kiss him and giggle, my heart lurching at his cuddly behaviour tonight, "And I love you.." kissing his lips again, I tap his sides, "go get changed and dinner will be ready."

He whispers back, "I love you more," before looking and smiling wildly at Dove, looking at me shortly after waving at her, "Can she come with me?"

I can't help my smile growing at the sparkle in his eyes tonight, knowing that means his day with Gucci went well without even asking, "She can, she's most definitely wanting attention again."

He leaps off me within the second, running over to her with an open mouthed grin, laughing as her face matches his, her arms extending in front of herself as she begs to be with him without using words. He immediately grants her that wish, pulling her up into the air and safely in his arms, her face hiding in his neck as she breathes, a permanent smile on her face now her daddy's home.

Her legs flail around on his hips like they always do, her body bouncing as her arms wrap round his neck, cuddling herself into him as he bends down to kiss me, walking in the direction the stairs a moment later, speaking over dramatically to his daughter, "Hi little one, how was your day today? Have fun with mummy?"

She makes a short noise of a babble, Harry chuckling, "Oh that sounds like so much fun! You wanna know what I did today?"

Hearing them in mine and Harry's bedroom, Harry gasping and talking loudly to Dove has a permanent smile fixated on my face as I plate up dinner.

As I place the dishes on the table, the stairs creek with Harry coming back down, now in black sweatpants and a sweatshirt with green writing on it.