80

August 2026

Aurora Styles

Lila is currently looking up at me with her big green eyes as she breastfeeds, her tiny hand on the top of the breast she is feeding from. Her dark hair is still thick, and hasn't thinned at all since she was born almost 4 months ago now.

I tickle my fingers over her chubby cheeks, my eyes focussing on her dimples that are especially prominent when she's sucking for milk from either me or a bottle I pumped.

Harry walks back into the bedroom, a pair of his favourite blue ripped jeans on his bottom half, and a purple t-shirt on his top half.

Dove is down by his side in an identical outfit, and I can't help the grin and small laugh that leaves me at how adorable they both look. Dove really loves matching with her dad, and though I wouldn't exactly say she's jealous of Lila, she has wanted to match with Harry more and more as the time has gone on.

I think it's just the way her little mind can understand that she still has her own special things with me, the same way she still has her own special things with Harry, special things that Lila doesn't have with us.

Though she is absolutely obsessed with Lila, she still likes to know we have certain things that are just for us, as they were before she got her sister.

Like her ducks for example, she wants us all to know they are her and her dad's ducks, no one else's. Everyone else can come and enjoy her ducks and she'd love to tell them about them, but at the end of the day, they're hers and her responsibility.

Both me and Harry understand and respect that, so we've been paying attention to what she likes having as her thing with us.

With Harry, that's having matching outfits.

What started off as one pink flower clip for their hair, has now developed into a collection of matching hair clips, and whenever Harry is at the gym, he sends me a picture of this clip in his hair to show to Dove.

And every time, she runs to get her own matching version, and sends a picture back.

Right now though, she climbs up onto the bed, keeping her voice soft as she sits next to me and watches her sister feed, "How's my Lila bear this arvo? Is she super happy? I'm super happy."

Arvo.

It makes me laugh every time she comes home, either from Deli's, or from school with an Australian slang term me and Harry don't even use.

"She's very happy right now Dovey," I caress her cheek, "she's having her milk and then she'll have another sleep."

With an excitable gasp, she situates herself against the headboard, ready to hold her sister, "Can I rock her to sleep?"

"Mhm, she loves her big sister cuddles."

Dove just shrugs with a pleased smirk on her face, acting as if this information isn't anything new to her, "Mhm, I know, she's told me."

I start to laugh, smiling so wide my cheeks ache, "Oh has she now?"

"Yup!" She raises her little brows, a cheeky smile on her lips, "She speaks for her sister all the time, because I'm her favourite."

Harry laughs from his place in the doorway where he was watching us from, both of our attention going back to him as he strides into the bedroom, holding onto Lila's other hand, which immediately curls around his finger.

She's a big hand holder.

Intercepting our conversation, Harry bends down to press a kiss to Lila's forehead, watching her for a second before lifting his eyes again, "Beautiful girl...are you ready for our date night, tonight?"