19

Aurora Adler

When my body starts to gain consciousness, my eyes and body still feel asleep when I hear a quiet, yet very deep and familiar voice take over, "Oh hi little one... 26 weeks old today. Time flies, huh? I met you 9 weeks ago tomorrow.. that's over 2 whole months. It's the start of October now... isn't that crazy? It's autumn, I met you in summer and you're gonna be born in winter."

I make myself lay as still as I can as he talks to her, "God, I love you. I can't wait to meet you. You're the most precious soul... after your mum. I really, really hope I get to be someone you grow to love and trust."

Feeling like I'm invading his privacy, I start to move, and rest my hand in his hair, giving him a light, gentle scalp scratch as I open my eyes.

He's quick to flip around and climb up my body, pressing my clothed chest to his bare one. He hovers over my bump and lower body, ensuring he's not putting any weight on her.

It's Friday morning, and Harry has the day off.

We're going shopping for the baby.

The last week has been one of my favourites in a long time. Harry had the day off following his headache, as I texted Deli at 8am, telling her no way in hell was I waking him up when he hadn't moved from my chest in almost 12 hours.

She let me know she had told him to have the day off anyway, so it didn't surprise him when he woke up at 11am and noticed the time. He only hugged me back to him and plastered my face and upper body with kisses.

As that was a Wednesday, we spent the day together lazing around my apartment, only leaving to get Marshy. Luckily, he can be left by himself over night but he hadn't seen Harry since that morning prior so he was definitely excited to see us again. The energy he had, was like no other.

Harry went back to work the next day, and I worked on the final touches of my painting. After I saw Harry for lunch, I came home and sorted through my website, placing an official announcement of leave– wanting to have a few months off to spend with my baby. Thankfully, I have more than enough money saved to last me however long I want to spend off on maternity leave, however I love my job so I don't plan on being off for much longer than a few months.

I want to divide my time well, and with Harry working 5 days a week, I'll be home with her for majority of the time. I'm sure I can work in between nap times, but I also want to be there for her in the way my parents never were.

For the first year of her life, I'll probably just take 1 painting on a month instead of 4.

"Good morning beautiful."

I smile and tighten my arms around his shoulders, lifting my legs to wrap around his hips, "Morning baby."

His hand gravitates to my bump, holding her as he lays almost directly on top of me. We stay wrapped together for around 10 minutes, until Harry kisses my neck and lifts his head from the arch of my shoulder, "What are you craving for breakfast, beautiful?"

I think about it for a moment, not necessarily craving anything until something pops into my head, "Açai bowl."

His teeth come on show during a small laugh, "You wanna go get breakfast out? Because I'm gonna be honest... I have no idea how to make that."

I watch and smile as a curl falls onto his forehead, the one that always seems to betray Harry in wanting to push it aside. It's my favourite curl of his, simply because it means I have an excuse to touch his hair when I push it back over and over throughout the day. I take my time in brushing the strand onto the rest of the mess of his chestnut hair, watching the way it bounces on my fingers. "I would love to go to breakfast with you... are we gonna go and then head straight to the baby stores? Or come home first?"