39

8 months later.

Aurora Adler

When I was younger and dreamed of the day I was going to get married, I always assumed I would be running around a hotel room with my 5 bridesmaids, getting my hair and makeup professionally done as something ultimately went wrong behind me.

Whether that was my shoes going missing, or the rings being misplaced, or my groom doing a last minute run and freak out, I always assumed something would be happening behind me, something I didn't know about until my first wedding anniversary when the secrets came out.

What I didn't expect was for my soon-to-be husband stroking my face and playing with my hair, kissing every inch of my skin, pulling me out of the dreamland and into consciousness. 

I didn't expect the calm day ahead of me.

A magnetic grin powered by pure undeniable and unbreakable love swarms onto both of our faces, my face being cupped between my fiancé's hands, a soft yet deep kiss being pressed to my morning lips.

I hum and smile into it, the kiss breaking due to our uncontrollable joy and excitement present on our lips. Harry speaks first, his voice hoarse and gravelly, "Happy wedding day, fiancée."

My voice is weak and a little croaky, "Happy wedding day fiancé."

He chuckles and places another kiss to my lips, our close proximity not slipping as we cuddle, "You wanna run yet?"

My smile widens, something I didn't know was even possible, and my head shakes slowly against the pillows, "I'm not a big runner, not a large cardio fan."

Harry cackles and hides his head into the crook of my neck, his arms wrapping around my waist, "You know what I meant."

I breathe out into the morning air, laughing to myself as I put my feet on his legs, "No cold feet here."

Harry flips me under him, grinning like a cheshire cat as he places his warm feet on my legs, "Mine are pretty toasty too."

We both laugh again, enjoying the serenity and undisturbed relaxing atmosphere we haven't had in over a year. Dove is with Anne all day, meeting us at the ceremony. She is also with her for the week we're away on our honeymoon, which would usually be quite nerve racking.

But Dove loves Anne and Rob. Honestly I think she's more excited than us to spend time away from home.

When we were asked about going on a honeymoon, we honestly had no idea what to do or where to go. We just thought it wouldn't be possible. However Anne practically drilled it into us about how we had to go away and it was almost criminal if we didn't.

So tonight we're staying in a hotel, and tomorrow morning we're flying to New South Wales.

We get a week alone, a week to do whatever we choose, a week to act like adults with 0 responsibilities other than to have fun and let loose.

I pull his face down in order to kiss him, wanting nothing more than to feel his lips on mine. The kiss deepens and before anything more can come of it, Harry is pulling his head back and shaking his head, "N-no. Doing this the proper way."

I laugh loudly and smooth his wild hairs down, "Oh because getting ready together and spending the whole day together is the proper way?"

He grins and nods dramatically, "Yes."

Rolling my eyes, I laugh, sitting up a second later and checking my phone for the time. I sigh and smile over to Harry, "Time to start getting ready, soon to be husband."